March 28, 2024, 02:59:22 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Chickie where are you?

Started by luise.volta, March 16, 2010, 09:46:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Secretly, in my heart, I wish I could do that!!!

It was my counselor who told me to go for respect instead of being liked.  I want to remember to do that!!!  I want y'all to remind me to go for respect, instead when I get into a situation like that again!!

My exercise teacher sent me an email to buy one of her DVD's.  Uh...no thanks.  I think I'll pass on that one.  She's another one who told me off!  Dadgummit!!  I'm sick of this! 

luise.volta

I have gotten lost here in re-reading the hairdresser-episode. It sounds like she cared for you and had a lot going on about your not caring about yourself. Then hit a wall trying to tell you how she felt...and took her frustration out on you.

If that happened to me, I think I'd have to go back after she cooled down and ask.

And yes, I'd get a new hairdresser because nothing excuses her behavior.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Chickie, you don't inspire anyone at WWU to treat you like that; of course, we can't see your "kick me" sign from here :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

Nope, no signs Chickie! Except the one that says, "BIG HEART!"

momX3

Chickie,

Your hair dresser sounds judgmental and rude.  I am appalled that she was
"rough" with you.

People in business cannot make it without "customers," and if she acts like this with others,
she will put "herself out of business."  Definitely.......find a new hair dresser.  No one deserves to be treated like that. Your money is good anywhere, so take it where you will be treated with the respect that you deserve.

I hope you are feeling better.  COPD is not easy to live with, as it will flare up suddenly. Please take care.

2chickiebaby

Thank you so  much, Mom3....I do intend to find someone else.  It was uncalled for and I was still weak at the time too. Just can't understand people!!

cocobars

I'm just surprised that you could sit there after all that and take that behavior.  Didn't you wonder what your hair would look like if she was that obsessed?  I would have thought - "wait a minute, BIG RED FLAG is on the loose!"

Chickie, were your humiliated by this?  I'm sorry, I just can't get past someone thinking they could act this way toward anyone, much less a valued customer/client who contributes to their salary.

Feel that?  It's me, giving you a big hug!

cocobars

Goodnight "Woman with Big Heart."  I hope you rest and feel much better tomorrow!  I hope you also go to sleep knowing your importance!

Hope

Chickie,
I can relate to your reaction to your hairdresser's rude behavior because I am at a loss for words when people are disrespectable to me.  You are helping me as well by talking about this.  We are learning together (thanks for saving me the counselor fees :) :)).  Hugging you, Hope

2chickiebaby

Hope, it really took me by surprise...she did seem angry or something the minute I walked in.  The way she shoved me in the chair and was rough with me, was really different.  She's quite a know it all but I have, as usual, let that pass. 

So, I'm going to listen to the counselor: "ewww! I'm feeling attacked here" and pick up my purse and leave.  I'm so glad she told me this.  I'd still be going to the mean woman.

2chickiebaby

Coco, no I wasn't humiliated, just perplexed.  Sitting there throughout the ordeal in silence and wondering if it was really happpening.  Yes, it was happening!  The owner told me it does happen which made me feel better too.

cocobars

Hi Chickie!

I guess I mistated myself.  I meant - I would have been feeling humiliated.  LOL!  I'm glad it didn't affect you that way, but I'm also happy you are finding a new hairdresser!

Since Luise gave me that magic wand and has told me to polish it up and start using it, I have polished and this is it!  Ready?

PING    PING   PINGITY      PING!!!

luise.volta

YEA!  8) 8) 8)

Now who are you going to Ping, Chickie? Remember that they go to everyone who hits 1000 posts!  ;D

I am sitting here smiling. I just love it!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

I think kindness might be Gone With the Wind but I hope not.  How are you, Anna?  I miss you. 

cocobars

Goodnight sweet Chickie.   You've made my day, and then some!

Again! :D