March 28, 2024, 03:38:41 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DS and DIL have re-entered my life with same old pattern

Started by luise.volta, February 18, 2010, 11:44:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Tilly!  I can't help but be in stitches every time I read your posts!  You are hilarious and entertaining, and you add such a gift of laughter to this site (which is also a healing thing - don't know if you knew that)!  I hope everyone gets the same kicks I get from you! 

Tilly, you have good things coming in life!  You deserve to be out of that house and entertaining a crowd!  So much more love than you are getting now!

;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

cocobars

Hi Tilly,

I just wanted to send you a quick message telling you how much joy you have to give everyone you touch.  I wanted to tell you that maybe the reason the women at your church are being mean to you is because you may be in the wrong church.  It sounds to me like you should look for a metaphysical church.  With your spiritual belief system, you would find so many other people there who are more accepting of you! 

I don't know where you live, but I do believe you should get out of your house as much as possible.  Tilly, you have so much to offer the world outside your home, and sometimes you just need to go out for that love to find you!  There are so many forms of love and I've found that one is no more important than another.  Personally, I would rather have a dog than a husband (I hope I don't get in trouble for saying that), but my dog is my companion and I know I am loved.  I think I am her moon, her stars and her sun, and she can't let me out of her sight.  She was another one of those animals that just kind of fell into place with me.  You never know what you are going to find when you look.  Try taking a walk and just looking at the trees, the grass and the sky!  Why I can remember seeing angels in the clouds.  If you look for them, you'll see them!  That's God loving you too!

I'm happy you're here tilly. And yes, you're right about me having that gift.  I believe you have one too!

renny97

8) You shine so brightly! Happy thoughts.
I am hooked on this marquee!

cocobars

Quote from: renny97 on February 22, 2010, 11:46:57 AM
Oooooh, Coco, that was such a beautiful reflection! How symbolic!

You explain beautifully, that we are all dealt things we don't like in our lives. But, it is our reaction, that can be a turning point.

I've had the moments of sitting with nature when I didn't know where else to turn. My grandmother, always told me when I wanted to seek answers to problems, to watch nature. Your story, is a perfect example. Sure, we enjoy our natural surroundings, but it has always had a peace about it for me. I live in a rural area, too. I would watch my furbabies and see, how happy they are. Although today, they came in quickly with our winter storm.. ;). At one time, I even went and sat under this magnificent tree out back (summertime), and had a good cry over a past event. My old dog now, is very sensitive when I get emotional. She comes up and tries to kiss face  :).

I think when we get quiet with ourselves, things seem to lighten a bit. It is just us, nature, and God, if we believe. There will be unanswered prayers, and we don't know "why" right away...but, I really do believe we are brought to the place we need to be. Some times, in direct and obvious ways, and some times, as you say, in such a subtle and consistent way, until it is as if we finally "listen." We get "it." Change, isn't easy.

I am especially aware of "something or someone" guiding me to a new place. It is as if everything in my life, I hold dear, is eluding me. Soon, there will be deadlines, and no matter what the outcome, I will be relieved. I've been so filled with anxiety over such matters. I am ready, for any new direction that may come.

Thank you so much for such a touching insight! I would like to know, did you ever name any of your friends of nature? My mother, used to have "pet" squirrels that came around. She would feed them by hand. She said she enjoyed watching them eat, because she was so poor when she was little. She, too, believed in nature being telling. People may say "coincidence" but, when she passed, one of those squirrels lie dead on the corner of her yard.

So, I will stop with the grim, but animals are so pure. I am sure you were guided to be and help where you are now. You truly are an angel here as well. It can be better. And, thank you for the reminder.
Renny, thank you for all the wonderful compliments!  And, for understanding my experience.  I haven't been able to talk about these experiences much in the past, because people in this area just think I'm absolutely nuts when I do!  That's another gift I've noticed from this site.  Nobody questions the validity of those events.  If your grandmother had this gift, then you could have it also without even knowing it.  Things like this are passed down sometimes.  My grandmother (father's side) had the same gift.  I believe it's part of our "cell memories."  I don't really understand how that works enough to explain it, but Creme had a wonderful write up about it almost a week ago, it seems. 

Your old dog has a connection with you.  We always kid that they become out children, but what some people don't think about, is that is the same for them.  The fact that you get upset and she tries to comfort you tells me she knows you very well and loves you - just like her mother.  You still have that "furry" family loving you!

Anyway, you hang in!  Feel that?  It's me hugging you!  Couldn't help myself! ;D

catchingup

Quote from: cocobars on February 22, 2010, 07:16:34 AM
tillykilly, I understand wholeheartedly being "pissed" with God.  I've been there too!  Sometime life just hands you lemons!  LOL!  I reached a place where I finally saw that it wasn't God handing me those lemons, but looked around and saw that he was, in some small way at first trying to get my attention and bail me out lovingly.  I don't remember which post it was, and I'll try to get back to you on that so you can look it up.  Anyway, 3 years ago I came back up north, where my family lives.  I had lost everything.  I sat out on the patio each morning and just cried my days away.  I was mad at God for putting me there.  It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't God, but my husband that did that.  We all have our own free will here, and God lets us have that with our gift of life.  When so many things go wrong at once, and you are so lonely and hurt by others, sometimes God (or karma), or just the universe reaches out to you, but you have to look for it at first, because when you are in that dark place of your own hurt, you just don't always see that you are not alone.  Anyway, I sat and cried and before I knew it birds started coming and landing in the bushes and trees around where I was sitting.  Not all in one day, but each day I went out there would be a few more.  I would sit and cry, and they would watch.  This entire story I'm telling you took place over about a month or so.  Anyway, pretty soon squirrels started coming and looking at me.  I cried, they watched.  After awhile, their attention to me brought my attention away from me and on them.  I started bringing bread out with me and broke it up, throwing them the pieces.  They loved it and seemed to thrive on being fed.  Every morning they would still be there waiting.  Pretty soon I stopped all that crying. Chickie made a comment about this story when I was telling someone else about it.  She said I was looking to be loved and reaching out (which looking back was so true).  I felt unloved, just like you are feeling now.  I didn't notice the birds at first, not until I had a whole "audience!"  LOL!  But, I do believe that experience was actually "heaven sent."  God was answering me, but I didn't notice it until I had a "CROWD."  Those birds and squirrels are still at my patio and have become my family.  I have gone out of town and asked my father to go give them some food while I'm gone, and he said they weren't there.  Anyway, what I am saying is that I absolutely understand your anger.  I'm just asking you to start watching for answers.  You may not notice them right away, and they may be very small and easy to overlook, but I really have learned that we are not alone.  We are sharing our pain and being hugged from the other side, sometimes without realizing that. 

I've noticed your posts here to other women and have been impressed with the compassion you have passed on.  Have you thought about looking for a job as a volunteer somewhere?  Sometimes all it takes is getting out of the house and helping others. If that's not possible, then I believe God can reach you wherever you are - even if that is on your own patio crying your eyes out!  Even if it is on this site reaching out to other women who are experiencing such pain also. 

Hang in here Tilly!  You are doing something good for yourself, just being here and we all appreciate your loving efforts!  I'm not sure you were not lead to this place with your big heart!  You never know when you will start making lemonade from all those lemons...

About those birds

Said the Robin to the Sparrow,
"I should really like to know
Why these anxious human beings
Rush around and worry so"

Said the Sparrow to the Robin,
"Friend I think that it must be
That they have no Heavenly Father
Such as cares for you and me"

catchingup

Quote from: cocobars on February 22, 2010, 07:16:34 AM
tillykilly, I understand wholeheartedly being "pissed" with God.  I've been there too!  Sometime life just hands you lemons!  LOL!  I reached a place where I finally saw that it wasn't God handing me those lemons, but looked around and saw that he was, in some small way at first trying to get my attention and bail me out lovingly.  I don't remember which post it was, and I'll try to get back to you on that so you can look it up.  Anyway, 3 years ago I came back up north, where my family lives.  I had lost everything.  I sat out on the patio each morning and just cried my days away.  I was mad at God for putting me there.  It took me a long time to realize that it wasn't God, but my husband that did that.  We all have our own free will here, and God lets us have that with our gift of life.  When so many things go wrong at once, and you are so lonely and hurt by others, sometimes God (or karma), or just the universe reaches out to you, but you have to look for it at first, because when you are in that dark place of your own hurt, you just don't always see that you are not alone.  Anyway, I sat and cried and before I knew it birds started coming and landing in the bushes and trees around where I was sitting.  Not all in one day, but each day I went out there would be a few more.  I would sit and cry, and they would watch.  This entire story I'm telling you took place over about a month or so.  Anyway, pretty soon squirrels started coming and looking at me.  I cried, they watched.  After awhile, their attention to me brought my attention away from me and on them.  I started bringing bread out with me and broke it up, throwing them the pieces.  They loved it and seemed to thrive on being fed.  Every morning they would still be there waiting.  Pretty soon I stopped all that crying. Chickie made a comment about this story when I was telling someone else about it.  She said I was looking to be loved and reaching out (which looking back was so true).  I felt unloved, just like you are feeling now.  I didn't notice the birds at first, not until I had a whole "audience!"  LOL!  But, I do believe that experience was actually "heaven sent."  God was answering me, but I didn't notice it until I had a "CROWD."  Those birds and squirrels are still at my patio and have become my family.  I have gone out of town and asked my father to go give them some food while I'm gone, and he said they weren't there.  Anyway, what I am saying is that I absolutely understand your anger.  I'm just asking you to start watching for answers.  You may not notice them right away, and they may be very small and easy to overlook, but I really have learned that we are not alone.  We are sharing our pain and being hugged from the other side, sometimes without realizing that. 

I've noticed your posts here to other women and have been impressed with the compassion you have passed on.  Have you thought about looking for a job as a volunteer somewhere?  Sometimes all it takes is getting out of the house and helping others. If that's not possible, then I believe God can reach you wherever you are - even if that is on your own patio crying your eyes out!  Even if it is on this site reaching out to other women who are experiencing such pain also. 

Hang in here Tilly!  You are doing something good for yourself, just being here and we all appreciate your loving efforts!  I'm not sure you were not lead to this place with your big heart!  You never know when you will start making lemonade from all those lemons...