March 28, 2024, 11:14:00 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

You know you love your DH when....

Started by Pooh, November 28, 2011, 10:58:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Ok, I haven't played a fun game in awhile, so I'm starting one...Lol.  (Trying to get my sense of humor back on track).  So this is for everyone to list the funny stuff you do because you love your DH or SO.

You know you love your DH when you will go out in a monsoon, during your lunch hour, to buy him a gingerbread house kit because he pouted the night before because you bought you and SD each one.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Kate123

Wow, food for thought! this is making me think too hard- and that is probably not a good thing- making me question myself as to why I am in a relationship with such a long list I have-

You Know you love your DH when...
         YOU pay the bills..

TiredOfBeingHated

I wouldn't do that.  My DH (dear husband?) is very self-serving.  But he also does all of the cooking and most of the housework, so it ain't all bad.....   :D

FAFE

I suppose mine would be that since I'm the only one who read in the letter from the Assisted Living place that Nov 28th would be "decorate the door" day for the residents.  Going to Big Lots and getting all the materials, etc., then actually going and decorating the door!  No biggie, but honestly if I don't do it, then it doesn't get done.  Very simple but Christmasey!  No way we'll win the prize but it makes them happy. 

Pooh

I just keep finding humor in the things I do for DH, outside the norm simply because he's such a good guy.  Don't get me wrong, I was talking to myself in the car yesterday, soaking wet saying, "Self.  What kind of idiot gets out in this to buy him a gingerbread house kit?"  Oh yeah...me!

Ok, here's another.  You know you love your DH, when you will sit out in 40 degree weather for 3 hours, to watch him run an 8K, at 7:00 a.m. on Thanksgiving!  I mean, it was take 5 pictures as he took off and then sit around in the cold for 45 minutes to take 5 more pictures as he crossed the finish line!  I was froze.   Oh yeah...and I paid $25 dollars for this privilege (Ok, it went to charity so I'm not complaining).
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

By the way, we had never made gingerbread houses before.  None of us, SD, DH or me.  If you haven't done it, I recommend it highly!  We had so much fun doing this last night and laughed and laughed, because our walls kept falling in!  Thought I would share the final product as we didn't do too badly for the first ones!

Joseph Campbell