March 28, 2024, 03:33:19 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Started with the babies at the church

Started by sadat46, March 01, 2010, 08:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sadat46

Hi All,

Yesterday I helped out with the babies at the church.  It was so good.  They are so sweet.  The parents really appreciate the fact that someone watches their babies so they can go to the service.  However this is helping me more than it helps them.

It feels good to hold the babies and to make them laugh and feel secure.  It makes me feel like I do have a gift and it will help build my self esteem.

I am going to get my own class in a couple of weeks.  It is something that will also help me be more self disciplined to attend church service too.

I am feeling a little sad today and keep going over in my head the emails I received from my son and his g/f in the past but I will eventually be okay.

I have not bothered them at all.  Their wedding is planned for October and as of now I don't plan to go but it could change. 

I left the ball in my son's court to schedule something in person to talk but he never has so I feel really unimportant to him, but that is okay.

I really do not think my feelings are important to him and probably have never been so I am trying to move on.

I do think that attending their wedding would knock my progess back a couple of knotches.

Thanks for listening

luise.volta

What a beautiful way to express the love in your heart...Babies in Church! Good for you for moving in such a positive direction.  :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

2chickiebaby

Wonderful, Sadat!!  You give us all hope :)

cremebrulee

Quote from: sadat46 on March 01, 2010, 08:07:31 AM
Hi All,

Yesterday I helped out with the babies at the church.  It was so good.  They are so sweet.  The parents really appreciate the fact that someone watches their babies so they can go to the service.  However this is helping me more than it helps them.

It feels good to hold the babies and to make them laugh and feel secure.  It makes me feel like I do have a gift and it will help build my self esteem.

I am going to get my own class in a couple of weeks.  It is something that will also help me be more self disciplined to attend church service too.

I am feeling a little sad today and keep going over in my head the emails I received from my son and his g/f in the past but I will eventually be okay.

I have not bothered them at all.  Their wedding is planned for October and as of now I don't plan to go but it could change. 

I left the ball in my son's court to schedule something in person to talk but he never has so I feel really unimportant to him, but that is okay.

I really do not think my feelings are important to him and probably have never been so I am trying to move on.

I do think that attending their wedding would knock my progess back a couple of knotches.

Thanks for listening

I am wishing your strength to endure, what must be, in the  future...my heart goes out to you.

It was delightful to hear your story about the classes and the children...may you continue to heal through this.  Yanno, just goes to prove, for every door which closes, others open....

May you have continued healing and strength...

Hugs
Creme

renny97

:) That is beautiful, Sadat. You are actively directing your energy and caring spirit where it is deeply appreciated. Sounds like, real acceptance brings us growth and opportunities.

Sometimes, for whatever reason, season, or time, we have people or things leave us. But, for all that, we still have plenty of love to give away to whomever or wherever needed. That doesn't have to stop. What a wonderful testimony.

2chickiebaby

Renny, you are giving your love here and it means a lot to so many of us.

Sending blessings

renny97

Thank you, sweet, Chickie!  :D I am still a WIP (work in progress).....trying to see each day as a fresh start.

luise.volta

At 83 (next week) I think I will have WIP put on my tombstone instead of RIP!   :) ;) :D ;D

thesecondwife

That's a healthy and respectful way to cope - volunteer. :) I think I may need to do that. Being on unemployment can be a drag!

renny97

;) That is sooo cute, Luise!  :D

We will have to have a proper celebration here!

Thank you for that PING !  ;D

Pen

You are all so fabulous and full of love for others. What role models you are!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sadat46

Hi All,

I had my second day with the babies this last Sunday.  It was great.  The lady that is normally head of the class was sick so I had them by myself until they sent someone to help me.  We have a large church.  It was good because I got to hold them all at least once because they cry just a little when they are first left. Then it is so funny to watch how trusting they became after I had held them and soothed them when they cried.

They get attached so fast and seem to really like me.  I think I will get my own class soon which is fairly quick don't you think?   It is funny because the pre-school director didn't even run a background check on me.

She still might which is fine.  I don't have anything bad on my record.

Anyway it is good, but I caught a stomach bug this week and am thinking I might have caught it from one of them.  I will just have to wash my hands more and take my Danactive :).

Hope you all are doing well.  I am busy at work but wanted to tell you all hello and hopefully we are all looking forward to Spring so we can plant some pretty flowers!!!

Hugs!!!! Sadat46

2chickiebaby

Sadat, all the love you have in your heart is being given to these babies.  It's so wonderful :)  YAY!!  Victory!

luise.volta

What wonderful news! You have such a big heart and you are being so proactive! congrats! (Of course they like you! ;D ;D)

(I have a friend who gets all kinds of bugs teaching Sunday pre-school.)

renny97

So inspirational, Sadat. First day of school takes some adjusting  ;) as well as germs. The gel
sanitizers really do add protection. March, is always a strong allergy month, too.

Those little hearts will love and appreciate your big heart. Thanks, for stopping by!

Renny