April 18, 2024, 07:52:25 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dealing with a Narcissistic DIL's/MIL's

Started by cremebrulee, March 01, 2010, 08:02:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Freeasabird

Hi what a long post i havent logged in dos while tryin to G et on with life. Anyway i think i get the gist of it you say we are all guilty of narcisism.  That i should get in there and heal the rift. That d is not the baddie i seem to have built her into?   Well its true we are all a bit selfish i have been far from perfect. I do see if it were possible to get to root of our dysfunctional relationship it would help not just up but member of family. Trouble is there is something very wrong about our whole relationship she is much smarter and ties me in knots socially. Perhaps one day we could get family therapy and sit down but i have suggested this before. As i work things out i feel if i dont face her and talk it all out in open she will not stop the rot it feels in my heart this is a vendetta thing and she wont stop until she has dotted all i s and crossed all t s.