March 28, 2024, 10:56:46 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Dr. Phil and WWU

Started by cocobars, February 19, 2010, 09:27:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RedRose

Mom is right  :D

I love that too.    ;)

luise.volta

Boy, do I have a passel of "kids," or what? I just love being the Fairy God Mother of nearly 200!
(I'll be 83 in 18 days!)  ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Marilyn

WE love you BUNCHES!!!!!.....fairy God mother!!!!

I wish we all could get together and celebrate your Birthday :) :) :)

luise.volta

We can! Let's have an e-party!  :-*

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on February 20, 2010, 09:51:59 AM
M/ said - "The most important thing for DR.Phil.....his ratings!!!

The most important thing for us............each other!!!!!!"

I love that.   ;D ;D
Mominwaiting, Luise,
I wholeheartedly agree!  Once before, in another thread I believe I told everyone how I felt about Dr. Phil's show.  He's good, only if you pick out the things that are important to you in his show.  It really is all about ratings, and I've grown to compare his show to what I call now a "calm version of Jerry Springer."  It's good for his ratings and keeps him making money.

We have too much to hang onto and cherish for that!

Luise, are you planning a birthday celebration there?  I hope you get a surprise!

2chickiebaby

I didn't see the show but Dr. Phil ALWAYS puts the mother down when this happens.  No matter how rude the Daughter in law is, he is rude to his mother.  (I know the wife comes first) but really, sometimes it is ridiculous.

I enjoy Dr. Phil from time to time; he is entertaining.

luise.volta

C/C - The last I heard, my son, Kirk, (our webmaster,) was coming over to Washington State from his home on Kauai for my birthday. He's done that for the at least five years. He has a little summer place down the road from us. (They don't like the heat and humidity on Kauai come summer...thank heaven!) So, they're here from late June until late October. Then, to break our long winter separation, he comes for the month in March. I just love it!

Actual physical celebrations don't work any more. My DH, who, at 98, sleeps a lot and can't be left without a sitter

Last year Kirk gave me WWU for my birthday. (then MILU.) We started the design work in March, (do you like the pictures at the top of the Home Page that I picked out?)...and it was launched on Mother's day...2009. This year his gift is our complex (for him) name change. Four years ago he gave me www.MomResponds.com , my counseling website, for my birthday and that, too was launched on Mother's Day of 2006.

If anything else comes up, birthday-wise, I will let you know. I feel pretty blessed! ;D ;D

cocobars

February 20, 2010, 05:36:19 PM #22 Last Edit: February 20, 2010, 05:45:16 PM by cocobars
You answered my question.  I was hoping Kirk would surprise you (I know that would brighten your life!), but I didn't want to say it "out loud" for fear that you would be disappointed!

Well, Happy Birthday (a little early)!!  At least he can come to the house and celebrate with you!  Now that's a real birthday!

2chickiebaby

It's the best birthday present in the world!!  Congratulations, Luise.  Much love... :)

luise.volta

Kirk did that the first time he came over for my birthday. He worked it out with a friend of mine to have her take me out to lunch and they stayed connected cell to cell. In the restaurant she went into the ladies' room and I went up to the hostess. She asked if it would be one, and I told her, no, two because my friend would be joining me and a voice behind me said, "Better make it three!" I couldn't believe it. my eyes fill when I remember it...I turned around and there he was. I cried like a baby and I'm not a crier and I hung on to him like I thought if I let go he would disappear.

cocobars

That's a wonderful birthday surprise Luise!  What a nice memory to have and a thoughtful surprise from Kirk!  That is the kind of "stuff" you do get to take with you when you go! :)