March 28, 2024, 09:10:40 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Full Moon

Started by renny97, February 23, 2010, 01:01:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

Hey Ladies,
Just a "head's up."

This weekend, on 2/28, there is a full moon!!!!!  :-\ I know, we had a few posts on this.

My scope, states; "emphasis on family or property matters." It goes on to state that, "a full moon can bring endings and close a chapter." Good thing, my X-friend liked full moons and endings.

Renny  ;D

Pen

No matter what belief system we adhere to, it's always grounding to know what's going on around us in the natural world. Thanks for the head's up! I will enjoy the view (unless we have rain.)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

renny97

I believe, Anna.

That reminds me of when I have a "unexplained" sadness that follows me throughout the day and I had no apparent reason for it. Usually, I've had to write down the date on paperwork several times that day or something else will trigger it.

I realized, a relative passed on that date almost 20 years ago.

2chickiebaby

Gosh, I don't know anything about the full Moon cycles.....it scares me!! What will happen? :-\

Barbie

When I went to the hospital to deliver one of my children one of the nurses commented that they expected to have a very busy night because there was a full moon and sure enough soon after I arrived the floor was full with women in labor, so I too believe.

cocobars

February 24, 2010, 08:00:48 AM #5 Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 03:02:30 PM by cocobars
That is funny how it works.  I used to work in a hospital (in my twenties) and we had more attempted suicides on the full moon.  The moon seems to have that affect on people.  And yes, I also remember the maternity wards would fill up quickly on the ful lmoon, Emergency room too!  I had an old friend (police officer) who used to dread working on a full moon.  He said it was just a crazy night and very busy.  He never knew what was going to happen..

renny97

Just wondering if anyone ever had a day where they felt in good spirits even though they had so many bad things happening around them? Maybe, I figure, if I worry any more, I know realistically, that it won't change the outcome. Worry, doesn't always make anything more important--but, that is hard for my temperment.

I sometimes, feel this way, when things WILL improve and no idea of how. Instinct? Nature? Vibe? Karma? Hope? Faith? I dunno. The sun is shining, and it is a new day. Or maybe it is because I colored my hair!? LOL  ;D. I am a new "copper-brown."  ;) "I am gonna wash that fear right outtaaaa myyyy haaaair!" Full moon, yet? Aaaaooooo! (howling). Wow.

thesecondwife

I noticed on a full moon I get a little more restless than usual. I get more excited and happy. I also hear more crimes get committed on full moons. LOL

Pen

Is it a gravitational pull from the moon upon our cells? If the moon phases affect the tides, why wouldn't they affect our bodies which are mostly water? But why that would inspire bad behavior rather than just a tilted, circular walk and babies being born I don't know :)

Renny, sometimes I shock myself and can be in good spirits even on a bad day! I admire that quality in others and wish I could remember to emulate it more often. My DH tells me often that my worrying isn't helping or changing anything. I think it would help if I got busy doing something about whatever it is that's causing me to worry. Or got a new hair color :) Or howled - howling is very good therapy!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cocobars

February 25, 2010, 06:42:52 AM #9 Last Edit: February 25, 2010, 07:15:51 AM by cocobars
HAHAHA!  Maybe you should take your Hubby out into the yard and howl this weekend!  Do you think the neighbor's would enjoy the show?  I can hear them now, "Henry, you have to come see this!  I told you those people were strange!  And, would you look at that?  She's got flaming red hair!  Do you think it's time to sell?  You better call and get that security system we've been talking about?  Why just the other day she was trying to talk me into joining some internet site she called Wild Women!"  HAHAHA!

renny97

LOL!!! Ya mean not everyone with red hair howls at the moon?  ;)
Oh? Wrong "moon party"! LOL....That is toooo fuuuunny!  ;D

renny97

Just hoping everyone is having a decent Sunday.......

cocobars

Thanks Renny! Right back atcha!  I'm enjoying my last day of total freedom until next weekend, that is! ;D

Carolina Gal

You guys are absolutely PRECIOUS!  I can not stop laughing-and I really needed that!

cocobars

February 28, 2010, 06:04:58 PM #14 Last Edit: February 28, 2010, 06:06:53 PM by cocobars
Good!  I hope you go out and howl for all it's worth!  Shhhh, but do it from a basement stairway somewhere so they can't tell who it is! :D

It's good to know you're smiling!