March 28, 2024, 02:53:43 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Weekend update

Started by Barbie, February 22, 2010, 07:21:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

DH and I spent the weekend with DS and DIL as planned and babysit our 1 1/2 yr old GD all day saturday for the very first time since she was born. Last time we saw them was the day after Christmas. GD has gotten a little closer to my DH than to me and that's ok, to be honest I'm still afraid to get too close and have my heart broken again. Right now I'm at the point where if/when I see them is ok and if I don't, it's ok too, part of me feels guilty for feeling this way but it took me a long time to get to this point and I'm not ready to put my guard down yet.
DS was very happy to see us and did everything possible to make us feel welcomed, it's very apparent that he wants us in his life. DIL was a better hostess than she has been in the past and helped son with the cooking and cleaning but said very little to us. At one point she sat on the floor with her back turned towards me, how rude!!! She hardly ever makes eye contact with me. Also a couple of times DS and I were engaged in conversation and as soon as DIL came near us DS stopped talking. All in all, it wasn't too uncomfortable, we enjoyed watching our GD but boy are we tired today!!! LOL

luise.volta

Wonderful. Hard, too! "Inch by inch..."
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Those GK's are special, but they do wear you out in a heartbeat!  That's part of the good thing about being a GM!  You can have lot's of fun with them and when you've had enough and get tired, you can rest!  Parent's can't do that!  LOL!

Congratulations, guest1!  I hope they make more plans with you now!  Wouldn't that be nice?

Crossing my fingers!! ;D