March 29, 2024, 05:55:08 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Grateful

Started by PatiencePlease, November 17, 2011, 04:53:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PatiencePlease

As the Thanksgiving holiday approaches with family and friends scattered in different  locations, I would like to say THANK YOU WITH HUGE HUGS to all WWU members.   Sharing your stories and your thoughts helps me more than you could know.

And to Luisa -- a very special thank you for planting this gift in the world of cyberspace.  You and your creation do my heart good.  :)

PatiencePlease

Sorry for my typo  ---  Luise

I'm a work in progress  ::)

Doe

Pen

This site has improved my life and saved my relationships w/DS & DIL as well as DH. I cannot imagine what my life would have been w/o it. Everyone who posts teaches me something or raises me up in some way, and for that I am forever grateful. Luise and Kirk have truly made the world a better place.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

elsieshaye

This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pooh

Geeessshhh.....I'm such a follower.......7-UP HERE!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

So.....who's gonna ate it?   :) :) :)
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

lancaster lady

One fat lady here !!!!!!!!!!! Any one ever play bingo ?   8 is one fat lady !!lol

luise.volta

You guys are so great! I'm nine because it is a hugely lucky number in numerology.

You make WWU...and I am so thankful to have all of you in my life. It has changed my life, too. I am alone a lot and I am NEVER alone. No way. I am always a click away from every thing I most value: caring, sharing, understanding, listening and loving. To that I must add, silly, ridiculous, funny and always, always, always interesting.Yup...sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

forever spring

Yep, very grateful me too. Have had a lot of bad things happening to me in the meantime - not ready to talk about them yet as they are too raw, but love WW and appreciate all it can give! Love you loads my virtual friends!

NB This comes from New Zealand where I'm spending a summer Christmas with DH, as you see - not all bad, can leave my sorrows behind at least for a short time!  :) :) :)

Pen

Chelms, so sorry to hear you've gone through more tough times recently. We're here for you. I'd love to spend a warm Christmas in NZ; enjoy this time with DH.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sesamejane

Yes, this site grounded me at a time when I felt as if I was really losing my grip.  Thank you all very much.  Thank you Luise and give Kirk a big hug will you please??

Nana

I am also grateful for having you all wise ladies...my cyber friends...my family.

I have learned a lot from all your posts...to be a better person, to be better mother in law, to have compassion.  I practically come in every night....

Thanks Luise and Kirk...for making these possible and Thanks a lot to all the wonderful moderators that control us lol. 

Love you all!
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Keys Girl

This site was a lifeline to me when I was in the first panicky stages of realizing that my relationship with my son was (sadly) headed down a path that I never could have imagined it would.

Thank you to Luise especially, (and Kirk) and the many WW here on this site, it's a tremendous example of how women reach out to help each other, no matter what the circumstances.
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown