April 19, 2024, 04:26:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My son doesn't need me for his surgery.

Started by nikncon, November 16, 2011, 05:04:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Nikncon, how did it go? How are you doing?
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sesamejane

nikncon

THE SURGERY WENT WELL IT LASTED OVER FOUR HOURS..WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT A SEVERAL  MONTHS TO SEE IF IT HELPED HIS SEVERE SLEEP APNEA.THE NURSES WERE SUPER NICE WHEN I CALLED A FEW TIMES YESTERDAY AND TODAY. THEY TOLD ME WHAT WAS GOING ON .THE SWELLING HAS GONE DOWN QUITE A BIT.HIS NOSE WAS BLEEDING YESTERDAY SO THE DOCTOR KEPT HIM IN THE HOSPITAL .I HOPE THAT HE KEEPS HIM ANOTHER NIGHT JUST TO BE ON THE SAFE SIDE.A NURSE BROUGHT THE TELEPHONE TO HIM.HE CAN'T OPEN HIS MOUTH MUCH BUT I GOT TO TELL HIM THAT I'M THINKING OF HIM AND THAT I LOVE HIM VERY MUCH .I'LL REPORT WHEN I GET MORE INFO I STILL WISH THAT I WAS THERE BUT THESE WERE HIS WISHES..THANK YOU FOR ALL THE PRAYERS AND GOOD WISHES.IT REALLY MADE ME FEEL SPECIAL.TALK TO YOU SOON!.

Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

sesamejane

Sounds like it was serious.  Glad he is okay and hope he is not in too much pain.  : ( Will keep him in my prayers this evening for a speedy recovery.  Does it hurt him to talk?

Pen

Thanks for checking in, nikncon. Good thoughts coming your way.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

nikncon

:)Hi my son is out of the hospital.Was very weak yesterday as he has a lot of swelling so he is having trouble taking in enough liquids.He can't speak much.He is resting at friends and his fiamcee is there as much as possible.So he is in good hands.Thanks for the prayers.It will be a fairly long road to recovery.Will keep in touch with you.Thanks for caring.

sesamejane

So glad to hear he is out of the hospital. 

;D   ;D   ;D   ;D  Sending warm wishes for a speedy recovery   ;D   ;D   ;D   ;D 

Pooh

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Thanks for the update, Nik. I'm glad to hear he's home and recovering. You must be so relieved!
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Great news :)  I hope your FL trip is going well
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

nikncon

Thanks again for the encouragement.my son had to get his jaw wired today.It's part of the healing for this surgery.He was quite scared as he texted me a few times today before hos appointment at 11:30 with the surgeon.He texted me later to tell me that he apparatus he must keep in his mouth is elastic.He can take it off only to eat which he hasn't really been able to do yet due to pain.Hopefully the inside of his mouth will heal quickly so that he can at least eat solid foods.He is having liquids at this time.Will keep in touch.I like the words of wisdom form you ladies.I will get more info tonight or tomorrow.Goodnight.

Eggshelz1

Thanks for that update! Poor guy............I can see how much he loves you with his texting. Too adult to show it to others lol! You are some Mom to hang back like that. You taught him well I believe. To be strong like you.

nikncon

Good evening.Update time.My son is really hungry.He can only have liquids .Later he will be able  to try puddings jello and creamy soups .He is living on protein shakes  .He will have the elastics for two monthsHe will have to  drive himself to his appointments every week..I since all his friends   are working during the day.Hope that he can go through this period with the results that the surgery is supposed to give him.No more severe sleep apnea.That would be a real real change for him.A good night's sleep.Have a great weekend to everyone.

Gidget

Your son seems to be doing better each day which is good, I'm glad everything is working fine.  Have a great weekend as well :)

nikncon

New update.My son is getting better each day.He called today.His speech is a little difficult to understand Under  the circumstances I' m just happy to get calls from him.  My DS prefers calling me because he can only take off  the elastic bands in his mouth for a short time during the day.He is still on protein shakes probably for another six weeks.He is progressing well.Another visit to surgeon tomorrow.Thanks for caring.