March 28, 2024, 08:38:57 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The Holidays

Started by tryingmybest, December 25, 2011, 06:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

We love your KG! You aren't going to be leaving WWU are you?
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Keys Girl

Of course not! I have to start hitting the gym to get into shape for the hiking!
"Today I will be as happy as a seagull with a french fry." Author Unknown

luise.volta

Whew! That's a relief!

I used to do a lot of backpacking when I was in my 50s and 60s. Did canoeing in the Boundary Waters of Minnesota in my 70s. Dog walks in my 80s! I wonder if going to the mail box will be "it" in my 90s? LOL!

Pooh

Hmmm....how far away is the mailbox?
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Beth 2011

We were talking about barbecue or dishes from around the world instead of turkey next year for Christmas.  I love the idea of getting away but we have 6 cats and 2 dogs and raccoons and birds and other critters that come up and eat.  So I think next year we will plan day trips to places thru the holiday time.  We can't leave for long but a day would be ok.  :D   

luise.volta

I have a friend who house/pet sits. You might find someone to do that. It can be good to really get away for a few days. I did that this month for the first time in over a decade and it was wonderful! :D