March 28, 2024, 03:46:12 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Funny Youtubes - laugh for the day

Started by pam1, November 10, 2011, 08:42:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

November 10, 2011, 08:42:24 AM Last Edit: November 10, 2011, 08:49:02 AM by pam1
Jimmy Kimmel segment where he asks parents to tell their kids that they (the parents) ate all their Halloween candy.  Hilarious!  The two kids at the end were my favorite :)

http://youtu.be/_YQpbzQ6gzs

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

pam1

Awwww

Well, I laughed and laughed hard.  Told ya I have a bad sense of humor! 

luise.volta

I'm just a stick in the mud. It seems cruel to hurt a child even for a moment just to make people laugh.

pam1

Nah, not a stick in the mud - just different senses of humor.  This is something my dad would have done to me when I was a kid.  In fact, I think he actually did eat most of my halloween candy or at least go in and take out all the peanut butter cups.  Just a different funny bone

luise.volta

Did he make you cry and think it was funny? I must be weird. (Well, I guess that has already been established. LOL!)

Pooh

I felt bad for them too.  They were devastated.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Quote from: luise.volta on November 10, 2011, 12:11:53 PM
Did he make you cry and think it was funny? I must be weird. (Well, I guess that has already been established. LOL!)

No, I must be weird.  I don't remember if he specifically laughed while/if we cried, we pranked each other a lot.  Everyone did pranks, even the grandparents.  I remember getting just a  fishbowl from my grandfather at Christmas without a fish (which I specifically asked for) and he didn't give me the fish until hours later. 

Or my brother and I figured out how to make our landline phone ring and wait until Dad got into the shower to make it ring and not answer him when he'd yell for us to answer it -- so then he'd have to get out soaking wet, fumbling and running to get the phone (he worked from home during this time so it was important for him to get the phone.)

One April fools day he packed our lunch entirely with jarred baby food one year and didn't give us money to buy lunch.  We stuck fish in his car between the seats.  Put saran wrap on the toilet seat, put soap in mouthwash...etc.  Painted his nails when he was sleeping and he didn't notice and went to work like that.

But we had fun, still do stuff occasionally.  So I guess I find pranking funny, I would just assume the kids got the parents back, that's been my experience of how prankster families are. 

luise.volta

Well, this is the perfect example of "if we were all alike, what a boring world it would be." Your definition of a prank is my definition of abuse. What really matters is that we understand our own particular environment and feel loved...you did and so did I!

We need to lighten up and...yup, "take what we want and leave the rest."   

(I forgot my own Forum Agreement... I think everyone will see the humor in that! I hope....):-X :-X :-X

Doe

Well, this one should make some people here laugh, or at least smile!

http://youtu.be/RS3iB47nQ6E