March 28, 2024, 09:21:07 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Re: My Son wont let me see my new born 1st grandchild - New Member

Started by jaybop210, November 09, 2011, 08:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

whyme

thanks Moderator,

Can you guide me into how I get into all the emails from people - for some reason I've lost track of how to get into the responses unless they come through my email.

Pen

We don't have the messaging option anymore, if that's what you're referring to. To see the posts since your last visit or replies to your posts, click on one of the links under "Hello Whyme" at the top left of the home page after you log in. Hope that helps :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

therealityis

Quote from: jaybop210 on November 09, 2011, 08:34:45 PMbought birthday and Christmas presents, but got nothing in return...I can think of a personalized mug that I cherish and a framed photo. my son never brings the child to my house EXCEPT to collect birthday and Christmas gifts....
My grandughter's birthday is in 2 wks. and I have no idea how to handle it..., let alone Christmas.
Please ANYONE reply so that I get feedback early enough.

Several years ago I opened bank accounts for my grandchildren whereas I put money in for Birthdays & Christmas because previously any gifts were either complained about, not given to be used or monies not spent on them (DIL doing).  :(
I send cards to my grandchildren each year from the both of us and when one of the grandchildren ask why there is no money in it (prompted by DIL in background) I inform them/remind them of the accounts and I will discuss with them when they are older the reason why that is how I choose to do it.
At the end of the day the choice you make on how you decide to give or not give gifts to your granddaughter is yours and if you only get to see your granddaughter when your son comes to pick up prezzies then cherish the few moments you have with her.
I have found it is best not to have any expectations therefore I won't be upset if my needs aren't met.....This is the main reason why so many situations go wrong because people don't live up to someone else's expectation and of course realistically we can't.
All the best!  :)

pam1

Welcome therealityis :)  Good post

Please read the Forum Agreement and History of WWU (top two threads highlighted in pink) in the category Open Me First.  We ask all new members to do so not b/c there is anything wrong with your post :)  Also, as part of our welcome we are just letting you know we get hit by a lot of spam, just ignore it, we got 4 moderators working to delete it as fast as possible.  Thanks :)
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift