April 18, 2024, 05:19:09 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What do you do to take a break?

Started by renny97, February 17, 2010, 12:23:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

Creme, you are an inspiration. I can go into "wallow mode" pretty easily if I allow myself, so thanks for the reminders about avoiding that useless pitfall. And Coco, you are so talented. Your family and friends are really fortunate! This summer I hope to renew my creative spirit. Right now I'm in survival mode. Fortunately, positive thinking doesn't take any special equipment or time...I can do it!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

cremebrulee

thanks Pen...there is so much more to life, then  our sons, then even our husbands...as we grow older we come to rely on our comfort zones...and find all the reasons not to stray beyond them....however, when we do, we find a whole new world waiting out there for us...in art, music, classes, reading, etc...
even travel...

I used to keep a packed bag with everything I needed in it, for a two night overstay...it was when I first left my husband, and I guess I sort of sewed my oats traveling for a few years...yes, it cost money, and I did without in other areas, such as furniture, clothes, etc...I'm not a trendy buyer anyway...but I did discover something else much more valuable in those 10 years....me...I found that I could go places alone, vacation alone, eat out alone or with a great book...go to movies and everything else alone.  I remember the first time I found myself again...that very moment in time, and it was very spiritual....and an eye opener...when I stopped blaming him and looking to myself for answers...and found all the reasons why I got married, why I chose the people I surrounded myself with...all my choices...

Life was given to us to enjoy, to experience, to see the greatness in even tiny miracles...I don't ever want to loose being able to recognize those miracles, or colors....again....

Creme

2chickiebaby

Those are great thoughts, Creme.   :)  Good ones to practice and understand.

cocobars

Creme,
What an interesting hobby to go around seeing the world in small parts.  You are truly a people person and appreciate the moments many lose track of... 

You might say, your hobby is respecting yourself and viewing the world from many different angles.  You, my friend are a wanderer, and enterpreneur!  And I believe people who travel have an eye for nature's beauty as well as an interest for what lies beneath the heart!  This truly must be part of the reason you are so wise here!

renny97

That is so beautiful, Creme. Nature, is sure a healing force. I love summertime, and no one can find me. I stay outside as much as possible.

I think because of your travels, and your look inward, you can really appreciate the meaningful parts of it. It truly is wasteful, to worry too long. Life, goes on without us.

I have worked all my life, and becoming more aware of needing joy. Less, really can be more.

cocobars

Beautifully put Renny.  If you work too much it can hurt you as a loving and feeling person.  We need "work" to keep us balanced, but we really need "us" time also to see the beauty within.

thesecondwife

Creme, I totally agree too. After my divorce, I wanted to have my own apartment and live alone. It was the best thing I ever did for myself. It let me know that I could depend on me and take care of myself, and I learned that being alone taught me that I actually loved myself and I could do things by myself and I didn't need anyone else to do the things I wanted to do. I think what you did was very important and liberating as was my experience. Sometimes solitude is therapy and a valuable learning experience. When other people get me down, I know I can depend on me to make myself feel better.

renny97

Cottage cheese and raspberries, anyone? That is my snack.  :D  :P

Tea time?[/glow]

2chickiebaby

I've never had that sn :Pack, Renny...gotta try it

luise.volta

Cottage cheese and raspberries? Oh, yum!!  ;D ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Hmmm.  Renny, it looks like you have a little magic of your own!  You must have been
pinged[move][/move]

2chickiebaby

cocobars

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on February 18, 2010, 05:54:16 PM
Coco, what is a ping?
LOL!  It's when Luise comes through with her magic wand.  If she gets you with it, you've been "pinged!"

"pingity"   ping   ping!;D

It will make you smile!

2chickiebaby

Have I been pinged and don't know it?

cocobars

February 18, 2010, 06:02:03 PM #29 Last Edit: February 18, 2010, 06:08:04 PM by cocobars
Well, I sure hope so!  If not then she must be looking for you next!  You better watch out!

HA! ;D
You're going to smile!