March 28, 2024, 03:53:40 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Love the new site name!

Started by Pen, February 16, 2010, 06:42:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pen

How true, and how uplifting. I also like how it embraces all of us (oops, except for Heartstrings, our lone FIL ranger...)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Forum Moderator

Glad you like the new name. My mom, Luise Volta, came up with it. Much better description, seems to me.

2chickiebaby

I suddenly feel so wise now, Kirk  :) 

luise.volta

Holey Moley! I asked Kirk today if it was possible to change the name of our e-community. I really didn't know what I was naming a year ago when we started designing it. Since then it seems to have taken on a life of its own. We even have a token-male! ;D

I added that if it could be done, I wanted it by the time we celebrated our first year anniversary on Mothers' Day. 2010. He wrote back, "Pretty hard to do, since the site is driven by complicated forum software and an underlying MySQL database. A number of settings have to be reconfigured and tested...and it would take several hours." Geek Talk! All I got out of that was that it would be labor intensive!

The next thing I knew, he sent me an email saying it was done and "Happy Birthday, Mom!" (I will be 83 on March 9th.) So, in many ways, I'm as surprised as you are! And I've got to say, I'm thrilled.

I asked if we could have an "Inspiration" category and he pointed out that we already do and it's called POEMS & WRITINGS. Oops! OK, then, I asked, could we have a "Biographical Sketch" category where those who want to can post mini- biographies without giving up their anonymity. That was because I can't remember the personal information people share and keep it straight...and would love to be able to buzz over to a "Bios" to refresh my memory. So that is coming.

That's it. We're done. And I want to thank every one of you for your interest, expertise, commitment, warmth, loyalty, humor, compassion and indomitable spirit. You are a magical e-tribe! We have cried, shared, vented, supported, argued and, generally speaking, had a great first year. Congratulations!!

Blessings, Luise

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

February 17, 2010, 03:48:21 AM #4 Last Edit: February 17, 2010, 03:56:47 AM by cocobars
Luise, this is a beautiful name for your site.  Congratulations, and Happy Birthday (early)!  Kirk deserves a pat on the back too!

Not only is this a "much" better description, but this name is an "expansion!"  What a nice gift for a wonderful place you created for all of us "wise women." ;D

cocobars

Isn't this nice?  Pings for the minus queen!  You have a very nice understanding and accepting place to heal.  And the name honors us all!

SunnyDays09

Wonderful  - Wise Women United...I love it!!!

luise.volta

Oooooo...I love getting pinged, C/C!  ;D

And H/Ds - Great to hear from you. Have missed you...wise woman! Flipped when I saw the butterfly! :-*

cremebrulee

Love, love, love the new site....thank you kindly....

luise.volta

RedRose

Sassy

Love the new name.  Makes me feel warm and fuzzy.  Thank you Kirk and Luise!

AnnieB

I love the new site name, too --- a great improvement -- I'd rather be called a wise woman than a Mother in Law,  given what people think of both!

And just to be clear as I have cards that I'm working into an assortment of wisewomen lines, I'm not copying you!

http://www.wisewomenunite.com/index.php/topic,100.0.html

This is one of my top sellers and I have another with the "wise woman" commentary --more in the works... so.. just know, I didn't hijack the idea!

luise.volta

cocobars

AnnieB!  I'm checking that out! 

You're right!  The site name was such a big improvement for such a compassionate place!  I'm glad you're talented!