March 28, 2024, 05:48:11 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Oh Christmas tree....

Started by momof2, November 05, 2011, 09:33:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

momof2

Yes! I am singing Christmas carols early this year. Today, I bought a new Christmas tree. In the past we have aways bought the "cheepy" trees from Big Lots. This year, my husband and I put aside some money to buy a nice, mildly pricey, tree. We are not exactly the decor savvy type of people, so this is a first for us. Instead of leaving the tree in the box in the garage for the next month, I put it up tonight and will be putting the decor on tomorrow. Yep. Before Thanksgiving. JUDGE ME!

luise.volta

When I walked me dog tonight...a unit in our Retirement Center was all lit up with Christmas lights. I walked by thinking how inappropriate it was...and then realized that it had made my heart sing. LOL! I am going to have to tell him when I see him that I found him inappropriately delightful! You, too! -)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elsieshaye

Luise, there is a wonderful person in the front of my apartment complex who has 5 Christmas trees on his or her balcony all year round (mostly only lit in November and December, but you can see them even unlit).  They also have lights in different shapes for different holidays, and a giant blow-up eyeball in a hand for Halloween (although this year, they just had "YIKES!" in lights, so perhaps the giant hand sprung a leak). 

It makes me smile each and every time I walk home, and is  so comforting and happy.  I hope they never move.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Pen

To get in the spirit for a holiday-themed project at work, I put on some Christmas music...my co-worker rolled his eyes, but it got the job done! I'm wondering if men hear it as pressure and women hear it as motivation? LOL
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

LOL Pen, there is a guy at DHs work who starts playing Xmas music this time of year specifically to poke DH.  It must be a ten year long running joke now and DH pretends to hate it but I think he secretly loves it.  I catch him humming Xmas tunes in the shower during the morning!  Hah
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pen

My DH really does hate it, but he tolerates it since DDD is an absolutely unstoppable Christmas monster from October through February. Thank goodness for headphones  :P
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

pam1

Awww Pen, that's cute.  She must be getting excited, just out yesterday and Xmas decorations *everywhere*
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

sesamejane

My cousin is dieing of cancer, and she has put up Christmas lights in her backyard so she can look out the window at them or turn them on if she sits out there at night.  They have been up all year, and she turns them on every night....  I love them too. :-*