March 28, 2024, 10:52:22 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anyone celebrate Valentine's Day?

Started by renny97, February 12, 2010, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Orly, I'm thinking about you!  I know you're smiling right now, even with those "Valentine's Deposits!"

Happy Valentines Day!

Marilyn

I spent the weekend and Valentines day with my best friend and her husband.I had a lot of fun.Thought of you ladies often.Hope every one had a Great Valentines day.

I got a puppy on Valentines day one year,and named him....."Romeo".....the name fit him well,such a lover boy,loved every body!!!!!

cocobars

Hi Anna!
Improving your environment is always loving!   ;D

luise.volta

I got a little stuffed dog in town yesterday and showed it to DH...saying it was his Valentine's Day gift to me. (At 98, he not only can't shop but Valentine's Day itself holds little significance.) He misunderstood and thought it was a gift from me to him. He has never cared about anything frivolous or whimsical but he fell in love with it and held it the rest of the day. He wanted to know it it was a girl or a boy and I told him to choose. Yup,a boy-puppy. Then he asked his name and needed help with that. So we christened him "Snuggles." He even took it to bed with him. I love these kinds of accidents.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cremebrulee

Quote from: renny97 on February 12, 2010, 06:19:33 PM
I live and love for those who want it. It can start to be a renewal year.

My Dear Girl dog of 18 yrs. passed two years ago on that day. She was my heart.

I am so sorry Renny...so sorry....

I didn't do much, don't have a sweetie, and Valentines Day used to really get to me, shortly after my divorce, but now, it's simply another day....it doesn't hurt me any more....

renny97

Thanks, Creme.

I spent some time viewing a picture and poems album I had made of her. She was so magnificent!

It made me realize the concept of time and how it is spent. True love.

luise.volta

Isn't it wonderful to experience that kind of love? Every time I lose my dog, I think I can't go on. And then when I do, I think I can't go through it again. And then I do. Now at age 83, with my Chihuahua at 14, I'm afraid that I shouldn't have another when he passes because I might be the one to leave him behind. And yet how could I live with out one? I tell my dog everything! Only dog-lovers can get that.

cremebrulee

Quote from: luise.volta on February 15, 2010, 10:12:30 AM
Isn't it wonderful to experience that kind of love? Every time I lose my dog, I think I can't go on. And then when I do, I think I can't go through it again. And then I do. Now at age 83, with my Chihuahua at 14, I'm afraid that I shouldn't have another when he passes because I might be the one to leave him behind. And yet how could I live with out one? I tell my dog everything! Only dog-lovers can get that.

OMG, I think about that to....whewww, I'm so glad to read that another person feels like I do....I adopted a rescue, and sometimes I worry, If I'd die, this poor dog....where would he go next....
I soooo Love him....he is so kind hearted....

Hugs
and thanks for sharing...creme

luise.volta

I rescued my Chihuahua, too. He was picked up on the streets untrained and unable to relate to humans....ribs showing, fungus on his ears and only able to walk on three legs. I took him to my vet and found he was in liver failure. She kept him and took him home every night so he wouldn't be in an empty (of people) hospital. She put him in a box next to her bed, so she could keep her hand on him all night.