March 28, 2024, 01:24:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anyone celebrate Valentine's Day?

Started by renny97, February 12, 2010, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

renny97

I live and love for those who want it. It can start to be a renewal year.

My Dear Girl dog of 18 yrs. passed two years ago on that day. She was my heart.

luise.volta

Losing a beloved dogie is heartbreaking. They are so unconditional in their love and loyalty.

I got a Valentine card today (from an ex-friend) that shows an ape and tells me how "adorable" I am. LOL!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

February 12, 2010, 06:26:41 PM #2 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 12:07:23 AM by cocobars
Oh Renny!  I'm so sorry for your loss!  I lost my beautiful german shephard two years ago on "Cinco de Mayo!"  I relate to holiday's being reminders for loved ones.  She was my wonderful companion for 16 years and her name was (believe it or not) Coco.

I'm loving you back and I know she is too (your sweetheart)!  I don't believe we lose those we love when they leave here.  I just believe we lose the gift of seeing them and they come through in other ways to us. 

I know I'm not for everyone, and have spent years with the belief system I have.  Just know that wherever she is - on Valentines Day, she going to reach out and love you! 

cocobars

But Luise, I believe you are loved and adorable!  I'm not sure I agree with the ape, but as a fairy godmother, maybe!

luise.volta

It's a really funny card!!! From one of my best friends! The ape(ess) looks very happy and sure that it's true!

cocobars

Renny, P.S.- I believe Coco personally chose my new companion.  She was a dog my brother and his wife picked out to be part of their "pack" but she was an alfa and was too agressive for the German Shephards they had (she would have been a "snack).  She is a Jack Russell Terrior, and dynamite really does comes in small packages!

The thing about her that hits me is that she is so loving in ways that I always wanted, even in ways that coco wasn't.  I almost cry saying that about coco.  Anyway, she didn't work out and was an abused dog (severly).  We've been twins since I went over to their house and feel in love.  I think coco chose her and sent her to me.  I wanted another, but wanted to give myself enough time to get over coco first.  I didn't think it would be fair to compare a new "companion" to her.  She chose the time for me - from the other side!

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on February 12, 2010, 06:36:22 PM
It's a really funny card!!! From one of my best friends! The ape(ess) looks very happy and sure that it's true!
Oh Oh Oh EE EE EEEEEE!

Happy valentines day!  Just make sure that ape has a wand!

cocobars

cocobars

Renny, tell us about your sweet little 18 year old heart!

luise.volta

Awe...bless her heart. I had a Chihuahua that I felt did that. It's the first time I have heard of it happening to anyone else. He went to be a dogie-angel and then sent me a message to go to the animal shelter in the next county. There I found a little, 15 month-old, abused Chihuahua and he is now 14! What a blessing he has been! Maybe I will put his picture on our site. I wish the pictures weren't so small, sometimes. Maybe I should ask Kirk if there is a way we can have a photo album.

luise.volta

I got a Valentine today with a feisty, little Chihuahua on the front for our four pound, 14 year-old Chihuahua, "Me, Too," to give to the Jack Russell terrier next door! LOL!

renny97

Thanks, the doggie stories are so touching.

My Girl looked like Benji. Someone had dropped her off at old house. And, she quickly started protecting the house! I heard her bark. She had been around for about 2 days. She was barking at someone walking by! Not super aggressive, just like, "See, I can do a good job." She got to me right away.

Well, she was so smart. I swear, part "human." She had such a loving spirit. She would get the mail for me. One time, I had an old newspaper (rolled) in my hand, and she started tugging on it...so I let her have it. She didn't chew or mangle it and I was done with it. So, I asked her in that "doggie" voice, "Did you get the maaaaail?" She was so excited. Then, she was determined to take the newspaper in the house.

So, every time I started to go to the mailbox, I remembered her interest in being a postal doggie...lol. I asked, "Do you want the mail?" She knew what I meant. She had a big "vocabulary."  ;) So, I found some junk mail and put it in her mouth. She was so happy. She would just shake her head wildly. Then, I started walking back to the house, she would always stay with me...so, here she comes with that envelope in her mouth...soooo cute! Okay, so I see at any point if she will let me have it? Nope. She always HAD to take it all the way into the house and drop inside the door!!!!!!! And, that started when she was about one year old!
She was so proud! My mail girl!

She would also "talk" when she wanted indoors. That started in the same way. It was a nice day out and the backyard was fenced in. But, I got distracted (either phone, or chore) and then, I hear her bark almost like a short, yip, yip. I see her peering in the bottom of screen door. I praised her when I let her back in...I said, Did you speeeeeak? I kept repeating that word. So, if I she ever wanted in....she just let me know after that. "Like, hey, I am still out here, ma."  ??? Oh she was wonderful. I have adopted son's dog years ago, that didn't get along with their newborn. We've bonded now, but it took much longer. She is sweet too.

Then, shortly before the old girl passed, someone drops off 2 kittens?? Okay someone put a memo out somewhere? So, my friend, still laughs about me saying, they can just keep on going...yada...lol. Well, after 2 weeks, they had many meals and names....lol!!  ;D They were like barn cats, and kinda did their own thing, like dogs, so as long as they didn't need 12 hrs. of attention..and they got along with the other dogs...they were staying.

My friend, has a cat, too. She just gave me a plaque that says, "I came. I purred. I conquered." LOL...And a smiling cat on it...They picked out their new owner. I love kids and animals...they find me. I always say the more you talk to them, the smarter they are....as with kids (until they get married---LOL--just thought of that one!). I used to talk about cloud types and nature with son...to every topic. I used to "crack" him up when I would read to him..I made it funny, I guess. He would bring the book to me to read so he could laugh along...those were the days.

luise.volta

2chickiebaby

Such a precious story, Renny!  I had one too, don't we all....she was our everything in many ways.  She was here at just at the right time and died 15 years later on an ordinary day, so ordinary you'd hardly notice it.  But it was a day that just broke our hearts. I wish they lived longer that 15 years, give or take...so much!!

They are much kinder than people. Unconditional love. All we had to do was be here and she was happy.  I wouldn't trade one day spent with her for anything.

luise.volta