March 28, 2024, 04:30:28 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Anyone celebrate Valentine's Day?

Started by renny97, February 12, 2010, 06:19:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

February 13, 2010, 12:03:39 AM #15 Last Edit: February 13, 2010, 04:23:00 AM by cocobars
What a precious dog, Renny!  And you proved your theory about talking to them!  Kids too, huh!  LOL!

Happy Valentine's Day Renny!

cocobars

Quote from: luise.volta on February 12, 2010, 07:27:41 PM
Awe...bless her heart. I had a Chihuahua that I felt did that. It's the first time I have heard of it happening to anyone else. He went to be a dogie-angel and then sent me a message to go to the animal shelter in the next county. There I found a little, 15 month-old, abused Chihuahua and he is now 14! What a blessing he has been! Maybe I will put his picture on our site. I wish the pictures weren't so small, sometimes. Maybe I should ask Kirk if there is a way we can have a photo album.
Luise, your chihuahua became an angel and sent you another little companion to love!  Who thought of the name "dogs?"  They should be called love-bundles.

Orly

I just lost my dog this last year.  Like your dog Coco, she passed away on Cinco de Mayo.  She was just a great little schnauzer, who was very intelligent and did a great job as a mouser.   We have been feeling cranky about her passing, so this Valentine's we are going to celebrate a day late and get a new little girl in the house.   LOL, I guess I'll be dealing with little "Valentine" deposits  for some time to come.....and wouldn't have it any other way!

renny97

Quote from: Orly on February 13, 2010, 06:45:35 AM
little "Valentine" deposits

Cute, Orly! I always tell people when entering the backyard "to watch out for the "goldmines!"  ;) (Before I have a chance to go out and get my pooper scooper goin).  :-[

Yes, the true joy comes from our furbabies!

cocobars

Quote from: Orly on February 13, 2010, 06:45:35 AM
I just lost my dog this last year.  Like your dog Coco, she passed away on Cinco de Mayo.  She was just a great little schnauzer, who was very intelligent and did a great job as a mouser.   We have been feeling cranky about her passing, so this Valentine's we are going to celebrate a day late and get a new little girl in the house.   LOL, I guess I'll be dealing with little "Valentine" deposits  for some time to come.....and wouldn't have it any other way!
Oh Orly!  Congratulations!  Now that's what I call "love" on Valentines Day, and you'll always remember the special day!  The deposits are well worth the pay-off in the long run!

I haven't celebrated Cinco de May since coco's passing.  Maybe I will again someday.  I've thought about celebrating her "birthday in heaven" because I know that's where she is! 

cocobars

Hi Renny!

Today is February 14th (Valientine's Day), and I wanted to stop in here and let you know you are in my thoughts and prayers.  I know someone who is smiling down on you from heaven today, and I believe you'll feel it too!

Feel that?  It's me hugging you!

renny97

Hi Coco!
How sweet of you! I was doing some research online this morning and need to start getting ready for work tonight.

I really appreciate your prayers. I have so much stress going on now, it has been so overwhelming. It has been a "job" just to keep track of everything.

So, did you bake some nice cookies? I am partial to chocolate chip  :P. I am in retail now, and it was so busy with everyone buying V-Day gifts. I have my furbabies and they fill my heart. Prayers to my old girl in heaven. Her legacy will not be forgotten.

Thanks, for the wishes. I wish you the very same. Thanks for keeping my spirits up despite all the chaos. Have a special day. I wish you all a great day of peace and healing.

Hugs,
Renny

luise.volta

C/C - Loved the hugs! I'm pinging everyone with my magic wand. It has pink and red ribbons on it today.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

Happy Valentines Day to all...treat yourselves to something special. Sometimes the moms get the short end of it on this day, so we need to make sure we honor ourselves. I received a Valentine's greeting email from a friend that was titled "Happy VD." That gave me a chuckle, although I was a little afraid to open it :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I took a Valentine next door to my dear friend who lost her husband two weeks ago. It was from my very old male Chihuahua to her very old female Jack Russell Terrier. I hope it made her smile.

cocobars

Quote from: penstamen on February 14, 2010, 11:10:47 AM
Happy Valentines Day to all...treat yourselves to something special. Sometimes the moms get the short end of it on this day, so we need to make sure we honor ourselves. I received a Valentine's greeting email from a friend that was titled "Happy VD." That gave me a chuckle, although I was a little afraid to open it :)
Soooo, did you open it??  LOL! ;D  Wash your hands! Never know what's hiding in that keyboard!

Pen,
You know what I think Luise's magic wand has?

Magic crystals!  That's why it works so well!

Happy VD to everyone!  I hope it's a specials day, even in lieu of all the business and stress (Renny!)  You are in my thoughts and I'm happy your day is going well ;D

cocobars

February 14, 2010, 01:53:26 PM #26 Last Edit: February 14, 2010, 01:56:01 PM by cocobars
Quote from: luise.volta on February 14, 2010, 01:00:37 PM
I took a Valentine next door to my dear friend who lost her husband two weeks ago. It was from my very old male Chihuahua to her very old female Jack Russell Terrier. I hope it made her smile.
You said you were going to do that, and I'm happy you did!  You have a huge heart Luise!  Leave it to you to try to spread cheer to someone like that on this day!  God bless you!  Oh!  He already has!  Then bless you some more for that heart!

Feel that?  I'm hugging you! ;D

luise.volta

peggyrice@triad.rr.com

I enjoyed a nice lunch out with my dear husband - quiet otherwise.  I am so very thankful for my husband.  He is a really good man.

Happy Valentines day to all!

luise.volta

Wonderful. My guy is too far into dementia to know what day it is, but he is precious and we are enjoying each others company. I have stopped giving him cards because not being able to reciprocate distressed him. He did get a kick I had our dog give to the dog next dog but didn't hang onto it long.