March 28, 2024, 09:37:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Uninvited to my sons Wedding

Started by Mary-Ann, September 23, 2011, 08:47:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

hi Catherine , and welcome back !

My take on all this is that this is your DS's way of payback , for all the hurt he ''thinks'' you have caused him !
If it wasn't the wedding he would have thought of another way .
I think he needs to grow up and hopefully one day he will realise you did the best with the choices
you had .
Please do not dwell on the wedding , it will drag you even further down .
I wish our sons had eloped ! It would have been a lot easier !

luise.volta

I am closing this thread and again deleting your account...as I did here before (and also on my other site.)

Our forum is for women who want to be heard so they can move on. It's a place for all of us to share and care. It is not available to anyone who demonstrates being attached to being a "victim" and who wants everyone to come into agreement about how right she is. Nor is it a place to debate that issue.

Those who are welcome here are those who want to heal and who will do everything in their power to let go of being right because that keeps us from healing. Any other approach drags us down.

There are "be right" Websites out there...where ranting is the base of communication and "ain't it awful" reigns. Hate sites. This isn't one of them and it never will be.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama