April 18, 2024, 03:51:43 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Daughter Kicks mom out after helping with kids

Started by Mokatay, November 01, 2011, 09:33:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

The love and understanding and support you have found here may be your positive sign. We are all pulling for you and for that job! My take is self pity is a healthy thing as long as we don't get stuck there. We need to "experience our experience." Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Kate

As Louise says, you need to feel what you are feeling before you can move on.  I know it is hard, but try to find a positive thing every day:  the beauty of a flower, a smile from a stranger.  Go walking, get as much exercise as you can - it really does stimulate the happy hormone endorphin. 

lancaster lady

Ahh Mokatay

I can't begin to understand what you are enduring at the moment .You deserve a break , and it will come I promise .
Think positive thoughts and they will come your way .
Sending hugs in abundance <<<>>>.

Mokatay

Thank you all, for reminding me what this is all about. I have been avoiding the feeling, I have been afraid to cry, afraid if I start I may be unable to stop. I did everything I could, I thought by turning the issue to  CPS, it may get my daughter the help she needs, so she can be the protective mom her kids deserve. I thought she would begin to appreciate them for what they are, and  the unconditional love they have to offer. I have been walking quite a bit to mellow out the excess energy, today was just a rough one, I am extremely thankful for finding a room to stay with my cat, and especially for the kind support of everyone here, you have been a blessing.  Thank you

luise.volta

I'm thrilled that you found a room and can keep your pet! Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Didi.lost

So sorry to read of all your troubles.  You really don't deserve that.  I feel for you and can relate to DD and BF who treat a mother so badly.  My thoughts are with you as we travel this road and hope there are better days ahead.
I know there has to be.  We are strong, we are women, we will survive.
Lots of Love

Mokatay

Thank you, Didi, for your kind thoughts. I was reading your posts and intended to get in touch with you, as well, since we seem to have very much in common. We love our grandchildren enough to give up our relationship with our DD, at least until they find their way. Unfortunately, in some cases we also lose the relationship with the grandchildren.  We have to keep reminding ourselves of our purpose, and that we have done all that we could to help them have as  secure, stable lives as possible. My 4 year old granddaughter reminded me that she will always be right there(points to  my heart) and I in hers.  Such wisdom in those little bodies.

Karina53

Dear Mokatay, I have just been reading through all of your posts. My heart goes out to you. You have been through so much. And you are so brave, strong, and loving. I am a night owl, love to stay up late. I can tell you that I felt so much love and support from this group--I found it one night when I just couldn't sleep, and received tremendous love and comfort here. I realized that I wasn't alone in my own struggles. It has helped so much. I am so glad you called CPS. Your DD and BF wouldn't like it, but you did the right thing by looking out for your GC's. You did it out of your love for them.
My own father died when I was very young. My mom was left with 2 young DD's. She remarried a couple years later, telling us how lucky we were to have a man agree to take us on!! He was physically abusive. This was in the late 50's when there was a CPS (at least I don't think there was). My grandma (dad's ma) was upset with what she knew about him, but couldn't do a thing about it. She told me later in her life that she knew if she said anything to my mom and new "dad" that she wouldn't be allowed to see us, so she had to be quiet about her objections. It was hard for her. What I'm saying is that I'm so glad you can do something to protect them now. It is so important. And sometime down the road, you will know that you truly helped them. Things are difficult for you now, but I'm sure your situation will ease up and things will work out for you. I'm sending you love. Please keep us posted on your situation if you can. We care.

Mokatay

Thank you, so much, Karina, for your encouraging words this morning. It helps to be reminded that I did the right thing when I no longer get to see or hear those sweet kids anymore. That must have been so hard for your grandma, I am sure she did whatever she could. Sometimes I wonder if I should have "played along" enough to be able to remain there to watch over them, but I could not stand by and let them destroy the spirit of such innocent children. If nothing else, they know that someone believes in them and will always stand up for their rights. I miss them, so much.

Mokatay

Happy Mother's Day to you all, at least we appreciate each other. I just wanted to check in, you were all so helpful during the most difficult stages of this transition. Unfortunately I have not found a job, I had a brief health setback, most likely from the stress, but I am keeping positive and still on track to move forward with my goals. My DS came through and loaned me rent for a couple months even though he does not have much either and I found a room in a nice quiet, safe area. CPS checked into the situation and decided the children were ok, or so the worker told me in as few words as possible. Who knows what story my DD told her. The children are so afraid to say anything that would make their mother angry. I woke up this morning to a message on FB from a friend of my daughter asking how could I have turned her in to CPS, but I hold strong in my belief that at least she is aware that someone watches her behaviour now, and she needs to protect her children. It saddens me so much that I cannot be there for any of them now, I do not know if my daughter will ever be able to see the truth in all this, that I was not trying to hurt her, only try and protect her children as she brought me here to do. We all know that somewhere deep in the heart of these children we have raised, there is that goodness and love that we created, someday we will see it again... Happy Day to you all, make it good for yourself!