March 18, 2024, 07:44:56 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Happy Halloween!

Started by Pooh, October 31, 2011, 06:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

May the ghosts and goblins visit you tonight, but only in costume form!  Happy Halloween everyone!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Boo to you! What kind of candy do you give out? http://www.chicagonow.com/2011/10/what-your-halloween-candy-says-about-you/

I like the Mexican tradition of inviting loved ones who've passed on to partake of food and family togetherness on the Day of the Dead. I'll light a candle & put out glasses of good red wine for DM & GM. Miss 'em.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Nana

Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween.  It was not a good day for me.  Among other things, I had to work in the afternoon and was not able to see my granchildren in their disguise.  My gs (5) dressed as the Green Lanthern, my oldest gd (3) was a Supergirl and my youngest gd (9 months) was a baby sheep.   By the time I finished my tutorings, it was  past 8:00 P.M. and the children were already back home and mom (dil) was bathing them getting them ready for bed.  I hope they show me some pictures.   Not a big deal...but I would have like to see their happy faces.

Hope you all enjoyed this day.

Love

Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

I'm sure you'll get to see some pics of the dear little ones Nana.  How cute.

I bought smarties (25 calories a pack) and monster pop rocks (5 calories a pack)...Lol.  We normally only have 5-6 trick or treaters, so if I buy chocolate, me and DH end up eating it all afterwards.  This year, I bought low calorie things so we wouldn't have all the extra calories.  I felt seriously weird for standing in the store reading all the calories on Halloween candy. 

I find the Mexican traditions no different than we go visit our loved ones in cemetaries, they just do it one day a year and honor them. 

I actually had about 8 trick or treaters, so I got rid of about half of it by loading them down, and they were happy!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

Belated Happy Halloween!

We spent most of the day in the ER with DD, she woke up and couldn't move one of her legs.  The ER nurses and doctors couldn't be any better, they all dressed up and kept DD entertained.  Also got her fixed up enough so she could leave and go trick or treating in a wheelchair!  She has some more appointments this week but the unofficial diagnosis is juvenile rheumatoid arthritis which is unsurprising since it runs in the family, I was diagnosed around her age.  So bright side is is that we do have some knowledge of this and can help her.

I was just so impressed with that hospital, wonderful people.

Since DD was in the chair I have *tons* of candy left over, DH and I both took her trick or treating to help her.  Not sure what to do with all this stuff now LOL.  Maybe stocking stuffers
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Bless her heart, and yours!  I know nothing about juvenile RA.  Is it similar to adult RA?  And is there good treatment out there for it?

Stocking stuffers is a great idea, or make little bags for Thanksgiving and take them to the Police, Fire or EMS?  (Or 911 Center, dispatchers will eat anything).  Or for Teachers?  I couldn't trust myself to do that as I would have ate all the chocolate!
Joseph Campbell

pam1

I'm not sure yet, I was told they have better treatments and meds than they did when I was her age.  So we will see.

Good idea about the goodie bags :) 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

Pooh

Well that's good news.  I'll be thinking about all of you and sending my best vibes.
Joseph Campbell