March 18, 2024, 08:04:05 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Your laugh for the day! Brought to you, courtesy of my DH.

Started by Pooh, November 01, 2011, 08:51:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I thought I would share the funny that just happened to my DH so you can get your laugh for the day.

My YS is spending this week over at his Dad's side of the family.  We took him last Friday and he's coming back this Friday to spend the weekend with us.  YS calls me this morning to ask for DH's phone number.  His phone has died (I'm guessing he forgot his charger) so he was calling from his Nanny and  Papaws house.  He needed an account number or something from his paperwork at our house and wanted to see if DH would read it to him over the phone since he knows DH wasn't at work yet.  I give it to him and a few minutes later, DH texts me asking if I recognize this strange phone number that is on his phone after he gets out of the shower.  So I fill him in and let him know that's my Ex's ILs house and what YS wants.

He calls me in about 10 minutes literally laughing so hard I could barely understand him.  The first words out of his mouth are, "Your Ex MIL now thinks there's something majorly wrong with me!"

When my DH took YS to see his Mother the other day, my MIL called me afterwards and was telling me how "gorgeous" YS was.  She thinks he hung the moon.  I told DH later that his Mother was calling my Son "gorgeous" and should I worry? I was aggravating him.  So he tells YS what his Mother said and YS is laughing going, "DH, have you ever thought your Mom might be a Cougar?"  They were laughing so hard and giving each other grief over it.

So DH calls my Ex ILs house and YS answers.  As these words come out of my DH's mouth, my Ex MIL picks up the other extension simultaneously, "Hey there gorgeous!"  He said she slammed the phone down!

Bet YS had some explaining to do!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

pam1

People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift