March 28, 2024, 05:00:21 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Undecided feelings need advice!

Started by autumnlady, October 30, 2011, 03:12:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

Not that I thought about that or anything....  ;D
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

My DIL and I had tears in our eyes when we had to say goodbye yesterday. They flew back to their home in Hawaii after being over here (WA) for four months. We are really good friends. And when I hugged Kirk, I thought how lucky I am. They are really wonderful. Sandy's mom is gone but I have met her sister and brother we have adopted each other. WWU keeps me from ever taking them for granted!:-)))
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Shelby

Pooh -- I wish I had been the wedding planner after all.  I would actually have behaved and left all the  fire arms at home, but I would have grounded the maid of honor  and put her in time out, so she would have missed the ceremony while she was writing "I will respect my elders" 100 times.  So the ceremony might not have been what the bride expected.  Hey, maybe she should be in time-out, too!   ;)

Pooh

Quote from: luise.volta on November 01, 2011, 01:47:51 PM
My DIL and I had tears in our eyes when we had to say goodbye yesterday. They flew back to their home in Hawaii after being over here (WA) for four months. We are really good friends. And when I hugged Kirk, I thought how lucky I am. They are really wonderful. Sandy's mom is gone but I have met her sister and brother we have adopted each other. WWU keeps me from ever taking them for granted!:-)))

I think WWU keeps me from taking for granted all the people in my life that want to be in my life.  I know you'll miss them but Kirk will be back before you know it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

March - Kirk always comes back over for the month of March celebrate my birthday and have his winter retreat. Lets see, that's 1,278,933 month from now, right?

autumnlady

Pooh and Shelby you two keep me laughing...Definiately will bring the authentic Marinara.  I just made some last week for my friend's son who shipped off to Army Basic in Oklahoma.  I love celebrating life with special people.

I can't thank everyone enough I truly have found an inner peace at this time.  I know that I will still have my days but it's great to know I have friends just a keyboard away!

Luise - You are 1 in a Million and I know that I speak for all of us on this site when I say Thank you from the bottom of our hearts for you and for developing this site.  Without it hundreds of women would be lost.   :)

luise.volta

AL - You are so welcome. It's hard to see WWU as a public service when it offers so much to me, as well. At age 84...I have friends all over the world and the most incredible support system ever. This site and my counseling Website, www.MomResponds.com, (now over 6 years old,) keep my life interesting, my mind active and my heart expanding. And then there's my Spirit...it simply soars. :-)))

We have three incredible Moderators on WWU that make it work. After two years, it grew to the point where I wasn't able to stay on top of it. The only way having Moderators on a site can work is when the women who give so freely of their time and abilities are a full reflection of our Forum Agreement; role models, all. I think it's incredible that Pooh, Pen and Pam had taken that on. They all have families and busy lives. I, of course, am retired...unfortunately, the last part of the word is "tired." LOL!

So, thanks for the Kudo! I will copy and paste it to my son, Kirk, our tireless and "free" Webmaster. :-)

lancaster lady

How come I am just reading this thread !    Yes ..   yes .  And Yes. .       ! Sounds like all sons weddings are the same ! We were invited to make up the numbers ...   LOL.    Well that's how it felt !

Pooh

I don't know LL.  How come you are just reading this thread?   ;D
Joseph Campbell

autumnlady

Yes LL - I was wondering where you were!  LOL  I always have heard that women make men do strange things but our Sons have taken it to a whole new level!   

lancaster lady

You know that at the moment I have no privacy or quiet times , well hardly any , so I'm missing out on a lot of WWU .
However the packing cases are out and we are now counting down the days .
I really need some peace , well my health does as I am fighting yet another throat infection !
My heart will miss my darling GD who has just learned to say my name ....sigh !
From here on , it's up to them . I fear for my DS's health and well being , however he's a big boy and
hopefully he will be jolted into something other than being the doting puppy !

We are still getting wedding photos .......I am in about three ! Out of 4000 shots ! Perhaps I was
invisible on the day . The less said about the whole thing the better ! Lets you know my standing in the
whole affair though doesn't it ?

Hope to see more of you in the coming weeks ....you know I love you all dearly .....  :-*

Pooh

I'm counting down with you!  You deserve some peace!
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Hang in there, LL. We are your cyber-family and your Soul-photo is imprinted in each and every heart.

lancaster lady

Aww thank you sooo much Luise , I am so glad to have you back watching over us .... :-*

Pen

LL, I suppose no matter how far we think we've progressed there will come reminders of hurts & slights; zings from out of the blue? Here's hoping we become more and more able to deflect them as time goes on. Don your WWU armour, lol!

You've been generous with your time, home and resources...it's time for you to take care of your needs now :)
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb