April 16, 2024, 12:42:45 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Went to my friend's funeral today

Started by 2chickiebaby, February 06, 2010, 04:35:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Luise, Chickie, 
I hope you're both ok today too!  It's hard to wave goodbye to people we love!

I agree with your exhaustion therory too, Chickie!  You are both so loving and understanding.  Precious people and I'm happy to have met you both...

luise.volta

Thank you C/C. Yesterday was a hard day for both of us. I'm so glad we were able to share, C/B.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pen

My condolences to you, Chickie and Luise. My thoughts are with you.

Regarding the sweet DH who called his wife after the service, I did something similar. After my mom passed I would catch myself calling her number to share funny stories about odd things that happened surrounding the settlement of her affairs! There were a couple of things that would have cracked her up (she had a "Monty Python" sense of humor.) It took awhile for me to process that she really was gone, even though I was at her bedside when she passed.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I think we all do that, P., don't you?  I met my friend at the grocery store today and she chided me for leaving the service early. (All I missed was the last hymn and I had to get back before Val woke up from his nap.) I think she is totally burned out and on overwhelm. Wish I could help.

luise.volta

C/B- Just checking in to see how you are doing. You had such a profound experience of how you wanted to be (and be remembered) after that funeral. Do you still see it that way...in wanting to leave kindness behind instead of bitterness? I've been looking at how I interact with others as a result. (Like reading a book to please an old guy (96) that we sit with at dinner...even though the subject doesn't interest me.

2chickiebaby

Oh, thank you, Luise.  That feeling lasted for about 2 days.  ???

I am sure it's the answer, though.  I want to be like that.  The touble is, I think that's what I've been like all my life but somehow, with all this, I feel like I've been taken advantage of.

Thank you for reminding me of it.  I don't want to forget it because it was apart of me and still is, just a wounded warrior now. 

luise.volta

I wonder if we can be wounded and not bitter? 'm aiming for that, I think. What a partner you are!  ;D

2chickiebaby

I guess you could call me consistently inconsistent. ::)

I go from one thing to another....if the DILs are nice to me, I just get all weepy with love for them.  Then, if one is not nice, I get all weepy. :'(

I think we could strive for wounded but not bitter...good one, Luise.

luise.volta

You are very consistent...always weepy! :-*

2chickiebaby

luise.volta

I hope you realize I'm pulling your leg...lovingly.  8)

2chickiebaby

Yes, I yam schmart. 8)  I knew you were.  :)

luise.volta

2chickiebaby

Luise, you can't out trick me...I always spot a jokester.  I'm a big kidder so I know one when I see one ;D