March 28, 2024, 03:21:42 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Change in plans

Started by Barbie, February 05, 2010, 06:02:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barbie

DS, DIL and GD were going to come over this weekend but the plans got cancelled due to the severe winter storm we're having. In a way I'm relieved, I stressed over this the entire week, at the same time I was excited and went out and bought gifts for my GD, as the saying goes: you can't live with them and can't live without them.

cocobars

You're amoung friends here Guest1!  I really do understand the relief, but I also know you love them so much and that's exactly why you were excited enough to go out and buy those gifts.  I'm in the middle of a snowstorm here also and have already started shoveling although the snow isn't supposed to let up until tomorrow evening sometime.  It looks like there is already a foot and a half on the ground.  If you are anywhere near this storm, their cancellation was realistic.  I think you are loved dearly and missed, and I think your son wants to share your GD with you!

I'm so happy you decided to come out in the open and start posting.  You won't regret it!

You have a strong family and he wants his daughter to know you.  I'm still crossing my fingers for you.  You are in my thoughts and my heart here!  Let the storm pass over.  Maybe next weekend...