March 28, 2024, 02:58:06 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

What to do if we find ourselves and our stories being discussed on another site

Started by 2chickiebaby, February 05, 2010, 05:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Silly me, I couldn't find it!

Chickie could you cut and paste the e-page and send it to me in a PM, so I can find it?

cremebrulee

your right coco...and as I said, I have nothing more to loose...yes, she can steer my son here, but at this point, I don't care...I really don't...I don't want to hurt they're feelings, but in the same, I've told nothing but the truth...so if this woman does think she knows my DIL, and runs off to tell her...that shows what kind of woman she is...it would be like running to a friend and telling them they're husband's having an affair...I don't believe in that...if she would ask me, I'd have to tell her the truth of what I know...however, to run and tell her what I heard...what if it were not true?  I don't know, that's just me...I don't believe others should think and feel like I do about things...

RedRose

I agree with you Cream. I don't want you hurt anymore either, you have had enough of it.
But, I'll still be cautious. I have held back the whole story about my dil and son because of some very mean and hateful people out there.

cremebrulee

Quote from: RedRose on February 05, 2010, 06:22:38 AM
I agree with you Cream. I don't want you hurt anymore either, you have had enough of it.
But, I'll still be cautious. I have held back the whole story about my dil and son because of some very mean and hateful people out there.

ya know what Rose....they talk about us...I mean think about it, do you actually think your DIL hasn't said mean horrible things about you in anger....I know mine has...I've heard...it is human nature...your feelings first get hurt, then you get angry, then you say things you don't mean....

In my story about my DIL, I have told the truths...but have told them in anger, saying I don't want anything to do with her...or it's her choice, or whatever I've said...I know she has said worse about me...believe me, I do know....I have not called her bad names...I have said, she needs counseling...she comes from a dysfunctional family and is dysfunctional, immature, and selfish...self imposed, cruel and vindictive...and that is true...but heck, if she'd come in and find my posts...perhaps she'd really snap, like she did when I tried talking to her, or when I sent her that letter of mine, and then, perhaps I'd know what I did....at least something good might come from it, right?  LOL

I'm not worried anymore....and Iwon't fear her anymore....or fear what she can or cannot do...she can't take anythig from me anymore....and she can't hurt me anymore....I Won't allow it, and she will indeed, for the first time, defend my territory...she has embarrassed me enough, I've had family members come and tell me how aloof she was to them at the wedding...and still do...and by the way, I can't tell you how many times my mother was kind enough to send her things, and she never called her and thanked her, so, my mother stopped sending things to her....she has hurt a lot of people on my side of the family, not just me...and not to mention my friends as well....so, let her come in here with both guns cocked, believe me, I'd welcome at least knowing why she's got it in for me all these years....

thanks so much Red Rose
Hugs
Creme

anyway...

renny97

It is just more proof that some our trying to control our thoughts, too.

You speak the truth, Creme.

cremebrulee

Well, what they do is come in here and read, then take partial truths about what we've said back, but leave a lot of other information out...to breed hate, so that they can convince, for instance, all the women who are stay at home mom's that I had it in for everyone of them....I don't...and there are tons of stay at home mom's within my circle of friends and family, however, they make certain the housework, laundry, shopping, cleaning, cooking is done, so that when they're husbands come home, they don't have to do anything...and they don't spend more then they're husband's make...in the name of Neman Marcus....

Yanno, I work with gals who make over 6 figures and so do they're husbands, however, they were purchasing the same clothes for they're children, that my DIL was throwing out that I was sending my GD....and, they don't run up charges like my DIL....they in fact...buy wisely...for God's sake, my DIL doesn't work, what the heck?  She needs the nails done, the hair, the label clothes, makeup, diamonds, and then the same for her daughter?  What is wrong with women like that...I've been told that women do that, b/c they only feel good about themselves when they put that new thing on....and they look good in it...but the high from it, doesn't last long...however, it is an addiction...

2chickiebaby

cocobars

That's the thing...  "Partial truths."  Cutting and pasting might be too honest and wouldn't be as hate provoking.  It's an insecurity there.  Something inside tells them they are not right, and instead of cutting and pasting "word for word," they will insist on embellishing.

What are we afraid of here?  Someone who overspends to the point of never seeing their own husband?  Chasing him overseas to support their habits? 

I smell a gold-digger.  I think it's just a matter of time before that son does too...

cocobars

cremebrulee

Quote from: cocobars on February 05, 2010, 07:10:07 AM
Quote from: 2chickiebaby on February 05, 2010, 07:08:21 AM
The site has taken the posting down........
What?  You mean they understood the legal ramifications? :o

What legal ramifications?  I don't understand coco?

cocobars

Quote from: cremebrulee on February 05, 2010, 07:12:45 AM
Quote from: cocobars on February 05, 2010, 07:10:07 AM

What legal ramifications?  I don't understand coco?

Creme, if they really did call in one of our DIL's here and "embellish" a story like that.  The MIL who's reputation might be at stake would have legal grounds to find out who the culprit is and go to court.  Records could be suppoened (sp?).  I'm not saying things will get to that point, ever, because I believe the DIL's who are feeding that fire are doing it with a purpose - creating drama.  I think they are enjoying the drama, and somewhere on that site is someone smart enough to know they could lose their internet priviledges by contributing...

Just my thoughts!

2chickiebaby

cocobars

I really wouldn't worry about people like that!  They have something to lose.  We've already lost as much as we can.  There are alot of women this morning who looked up that posting and witnessed it, even if it's been taken down. 

It's gone.  Somebody there is being very wise.  Nuff said...

cocobars

I've gone through and fine-tuned the notification instructions. 

Luise, please let me know if I'm correct about this notification.  I hope so.  It would be nice security to have...