April 18, 2024, 06:30:04 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Contact with Son or Daughter away from DIL or SIL

Started by renny97, February 04, 2010, 07:10:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

February 05, 2010, 08:18:06 PM #15 Last Edit: February 05, 2010, 08:22:16 PM by cocobars
Quote from: guest1 on February 05, 2010, 05:33:13 PM
Oh Coco, I have three children and they are so wonderful and loving. I know my son still loves me and wants to have us in his life but he's also very much in love and will do anything not to rock the boat.
I haven't posted much because I really don't feel there's much more that I can add to all the expert advise given here, I have learned so much from all of you, I was desperate when I came to this site and in just a couple of months I have a much more positive attitude and so much more acceptance of my situation.
This woman has turned our lives upside down for the past 4 years.  All my life I'd heard horror stories about MIL/DIL but never thought it would happen to me. We are a decent family and I felt confident that anyone would be happy and proud to be a part of us but because she has such low self steem I guess she has never felt comfortable around us. I sure hope there's a happy ending but  sincerely doubt it but as long as we can learn to be civil to eachother and she allows us to see our GD whenever possible I'll be happy.
Thanks for your support and understanding.

Guest1, don't stay in the background.  Post away.  We all understand you here and we are not really experts either.  Your advice is as good as mine in this forum.  Luise and Chickie started this wonderful site just for women like us who need and want support and understanding.  We also have DIL's who come through that give everyone another side to consider.  Nobody here is accusatory.

You know, you may have something to say that is exactly what someone else really needs to hear!  You can't stay in the background when you have such wonderful ideas in your own head.  Don't sit back and feel so desperate and alone in the background.  Believe me, when you do post here, you will find so many warm and caring people. 

I hope you will come back through and tell us more about you!  We are all here for the same thing...  Understanding and love, and you have as much of that in you as any of us! :)