March 28, 2024, 04:05:47 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Joke Telling

Started by luise.volta, January 29, 2010, 01:26:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

I'd like to ask that our site not be used for joke telling. There are a lot of joke sites out there. It's too easy to offend someone who for one reason or another doesn't think it's funny. Thanks.
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Scoop

Sorry Luise.
I realized after you took it down that it wasn't appropriate.
It won't happen again.

Scoop

cocobars

January 29, 2010, 03:53:15 PM #2 Last Edit: January 29, 2010, 04:11:13 PM by cocobars
Scoop.  Don't feel bad, it was really funny!  I can see Luise's point that some people might take offense.  This is a sensitive site for self improvement.  Just not the place for that one. You're ok.  Really!  Hilarious, but ok too!

I am sorry too.  If I hadn't challenged you like that, you wouldn't have posted it.

And we need you here with your stories and your laughter.  Sometimes we learn the hard way, and I'M INCLUDING MYSELF IN ON THAT COMMENT!

That was a compliment just in case you didn't get it  :-\
Psssshhhhht....

2chickiebaby

Oh, don't tell me I missed the joke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  DRATS!!  Gone for a bit and missed the joke..just my luck.

Perfect.  >:(

luise.volta

C/B - I'll tell you one thing...12 minuses in your Karma is a HUGE JOKE! Someone is being spiteful and that's not about you...it's about her.

cocobars

I agree with Luise, Chickie!  We need to pay attention to when those minuses are appearing....

You know we love you here :'(

2chickiebaby

Thank you, Luise and Coco,

I am beginning to get worried about Creme...it's been awhile since we heard from her.  I know she's not in the best health.  No way to contact her, though!  Creme, come back!!

cocobars

I've thought the same thing about Creme!  I've noticed this week she has been here very little.  I hope she's ok!

Do you think if we send her PM's that will help?  When someone has sent them to me a message about it goes straight into my email.  If she's too weak to check in with us, maybe she's at least checking her email...

What do you think?

2chickiebaby

Yes, please do!!!!  I am really worried!

cocobars

I sent one. If she's feeling bad I hope it will at least let her know she's loved and thought about, even if she can't be here right now.  I really hope she's ok?

It's funny that you mentioned her... 

2chickiebaby

I sent one too....I do hope she's okay...!!

luise.volta

Look at that. I'm worrying about you, C/B, and you're worrying about Creme! I will message her, too. 

2chickiebaby

Thank you, Luise, I'm so glad you're worrying about me!  I am concerned with Creme....!

cocobars

Luise, it would mean alot to Creme to get a personal message from you!

Can you "ping" her while you're there?

luise.volta

Thanks.  :)  Just got back from doing that. I'm not very good at the messaging thing yet but I tried to do a PM Ping.