April 18, 2024, 07:21:17 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Do You Ever Wonder?

Started by cocobars, January 26, 2010, 07:12:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Quote from: cremebrulee on January 27, 2010, 06:53:48 AM

LOL, there is also a saying which says, "We've got to meet God Half way...

God gives us life, he puts us here and gives us the gift of free will, to do with our lives as we so choose, and most of the bad, not all, but most, are the products of our choices....so, we need to really work at things to make them right, and there is much to be said, for living our lives according to the 10 commandments...plus karma, what you give you will recieve...

I have practiced several religions in my lifetime...out of curiosity...was once a Sunday School Teacher and a Youth Group Advisor....and now, prefer to not practice organized religion, just not into it any longer....however, I do believe.

I'm so gald to see you in there this morning, thank you for coming back and letting us know how you are.

Hugs
Creme
Karma!  I must have been REEL BAD in my past life!  LOL!

cocobars

Quote from: carolina gal on January 27, 2010, 08:00:20 AM
The wish to "ping" is greatly appreciated.  So much of what we are struggling with is cold hearted, not caring and selfish behavior - the very qualities we tried so hard to teach our children not to immolate or tolerate.
By the way, I love your signature!  So true...

luise.volta

Oh, I GOt it! Here I go! Feel that? I'm e-pinging!!!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

WOW!  I really felt that!  How'd you do dat?

cremebrulee

cocobars

Just went back in on this thread and re-read.  I am happy to be here in this safe place with so many wonderful women trying to love and understand me!  Just my thoughts...

I like Luise's idea of that magic wand!  It's much better than a slap.  Kind of like sending out loving thoughts!  Chickie, I think I am going to try to "ping" you instead of slap you after this.  It's much more compassionate, and you will know you're loved.  Plus, there's no sting afterwards!  LOL!

luise.volta

Ping...ping-ping-ping! Oh, this is so much fun!!! ;D
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Luise, the fairy godmother came through again!

I've lost 15 pounds and have a beautiful pink dress on!  Where'd she go???

cocobars

January 28, 2010, 09:54:39 AM #23 Last Edit: January 28, 2010, 09:57:05 AM by cocobars
Oh Anna, thank you!  Yes I am much better, and to be honest, The way everyone here "held me up" rushed the healing process (if that's what you call it when you're depressed and feeling sorry for yourself)!  This has really proven to be a lifeline for me.  There are some wonderful caring people here.  I didn't lie to Postscript  last night when I said she would be loved "for who she is" here. 

We all have so much heartache in this group.  It's so healing to find that acceptance.  It's truly unconditional love.  We have a real special group to offer that!

I'm happy your FDIL is that way.  You might want to let her read some of these posts, especially this one and Luise's when she talks about her husband.  It's important (I believe) for younger people to understand that they may be the same way.  I think it was Chickie that pointed out in one of her posts that the body ages, but your heart and your mind don't do that.  If more young people could close their eyes and imagine that elderly man or woman in a younger body, and being discarded by society and their own families...  It's so sad.  I'm just happy for you that you have someone like her coming in!  I know you are too!

Take care!
P.S.- Do you think perhaps the FDIL will be a positive influence on the DIL you have?  Where's Luise - "ping!"

isitme?

I agree with cocobars.  Anna, Your FDIL sounds great and like the DIL you deserve! 

cocobars

Anna, I'm so happy for you!   :)

cremebrulee

Me to Anna, such joyous news....
sworn to secrecy hmmmmmm
boy that is an awful thing to say to a woman....

Now I'm not going to be able to sleep!!!   :'(

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on January 28, 2010, 10:24:36 AM
Don't cry Creme,  I'm practically bursting, & it's sooo hard to keep happy news to myself !!!  I'll tell you as soon as I can !!  I promise !!

(Looking down at floor very sadly) ohhhh all right....

cocobars

Anna, you know we like good news here.  You'll have all of us unable to sleep!

I have some guesses, but don't want to make you feel bad if I'm wrong!  OH, ok...  Nope, I'm not going to guess!  I'm with creme!

Creme, you tie her up and I'll start tickling until she gives!!!! :D

SunnyDays09

QuoteSo, I'm left wondering...  Does anyone really love us back? The next question - what is love?  Maybe my definition is not the same...

Hey, you are not alone cocobars.  I haven't spoken to my son/his wife in over four years.  Never seen their child either.  Ended all communication with a couple of terribly cruel sisters about this time, too.  You see, I once took it.  Thought it was mandatory.  That I take their cruel remarks, their insensitive comments and their totally rude behavior.  I thought it was my birthright being the middle kid. 
   As I post, the end of my 26 year marriage is looming large.  I cannot stay with someone who abuses me emotionally, verbally and now here's a new twist:  economically.  I have been a stay at home and DO IT ALL mom for our entire marriage.  I tried working but he took the car away and refused to do his share.  It wasn't easy.  I had to stop.
  But all in all I am NOT going to let their failings as humans get me down.  I am even more than motivated to get my life going and not look back.  I have no regrets. 
   I can only offer sympathy and remind you to be good to yourself.  This is the time when you can love you and pretty much enjoy it!!!
  Don't let them get to you!  They are not worth it.