March 28, 2024, 07:52:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Did you know?

Started by Scoop, October 14, 2011, 07:46:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scoop

I know this doesn't go here, but I think people might be looking at this category first.

If you look in the upper left hand corner of the screen, right there under your user name greeting, there are 2 clickable links.  One is "Show unread posts since last visit" and the other is "Show new replies to your posts".

If you click on those, they will bring you right away to a list of unread posts / unread replies.  That way you don't have to scroll down through the main topics to try and figure out what's new.

Keys Girl mentioned that she hadn't seen the post about Luise and I thought this trick would be helpful to more than just her.

Mods - feel free to move this as required.

Scoop

Pooh

Great idea Scoop.  I use it all the time but I never thought about someone else not knowing about it....Duh.

I did move it to "Helpful Resources" but did a redirect topic so it would help people find it.

Thanks Scoop
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

I will also add that something else I use all time to find posts when I can't locate something, is the "Search" function.  It's right there in the first set of things beside "Home".

If you wrote a post, and can just remember a few key words you used, you can put those in the search box and it will bring up a list of all the posts it can find with those words.  Then you can click on the post and go to it.

It's a quick way to find something than having to look through tons of posts.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

cpr

I don't see this at all. :(  I see where it will say 'CPR and X guests' are viewing a post, but there is no greeting for me.  I looked on my profile page too.  Which page is the greeting on?

Pooh

Scroll all the way to the top and then to the left where it says "Hello cpr" with your icon, right under websites header pictures.  It should be on any page you go to.  Then it shows what Scoop was talking about under the Hello and then the date.
Joseph Campbell

cpr

I had somehow managed to minimize that section!  Thanks!

Pooh

I didn't even know you could minimize that section! Lol.  I went up and looked after you posted that and there is an arrow in the upper right corner of the header that allows you to minimize and maximize the header. 

Now you taught me something cpr!  Thanks.
Joseph Campbell

newhera