March 28, 2024, 10:28:58 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

My Introduction

Started by Victim, January 23, 2010, 02:19:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Victim

I am a MIL to two DILs. The one DIL hates me and the other is nice to me but they live far away. I am in my mid 70's and have been cut off from my grandchildren from the DIL who hates me. However, it seems that I too have played a part in all this. The DIL that lives far away gets along with me because she was too far away for me to focus on.

I am here to admit my wrong doings and learn from all the people here as to how to spend the last bit of time I have left in my life making amends for my past behavior.

Invisible

Welcome Survivor,

I have one (ex)DIL who honestly told me she has hated me from the time we met. I gave them space out of respect..until my only child died. Now, we are forced to maintain a relationship. I have one GD I try to see at least once a month.  I am not really considered to be family only the free baby sitter. I am not allowed to participate in any holiday functions. (Of course, I am not considered to be family.)

I hope we can learn from each other. Again, welcome.

Quote from: Survivor on January 23, 2010, 02:19:42 AM
I am a MIL to two DILs. The one DIL hates me and the other is nice to me but they live far away. I am in my mid 70's and have been cut off from my grandchildren from the DIL who hates me. However, it seems that I too have played a part in all this. The DIL that lives far away gets along with me because she was too far away for me to focus on.

I am here to admit my wrong doings and learn from all the people here as to how to spend the last bit of time I have left in my life making amends for my past behavior.

luise.volta

Welcome! I just responded to your post about hobbies.

Like "Invisible", I have lost an adult son and got left with a DIL who thinks I am evil personified. No young grandchildren to babysit. If you can imagine it, there are no young great grandchildren to babysit. They are in high school and college!!!!!! :o
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

cocobars

Hi Survivor!

I felt the same way when I first stumbled in.  I found this site during a very depressed state, over the internet.  I was so excited I couldn't sleep.  Chickie was here and (I think) she stayed up all night with me one night.  She gave me the warmest welcome!  Then when I came back the next day I was even more excited to see that everyone else has responded.  I've said it before and now you're saying it, We have a wonderful and unusual group here!

P.S.- That includes you!

luise.volta

You are welcome! We have an e-community and we bask in e-love. No wonder we can't sleep at first! :)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama