March 28, 2024, 03:18:26 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Pet Peeves

Started by 2chickiebaby, January 20, 2010, 02:33:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

What is your pet peeve?

Mine is a 'know it all spoiled brat'

RedRose

Dirty clothes left on the floor and

a "know it all spoiled brat"

Pen

Being judged unfairly by people with an agenda.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

and, know it all spoiled brats

Pen

Oh, yes Chickie, especially by them.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

2chickiebaby

Okay, so far we've got:

Dirty clothes left on the floor, being judged unfairly by people with an agenda and know it all spoiled brats.

Orly

People who don't read the "DAY SLEEPER" signs and ring the bell to sell you something.  AND telemarketers that do not understand the phrase
"NO, please take this number OFF your call list"and argue with you about doing it.

My inability to remember names to faces.  I just hate that about myself.

Oh, and know-it-all, spoiled brats of ANY age.

Orly

Yes, I admit it....I'm peevish too!  Have more than one "pet".

Invisible

My biggest pet peeve would be inconsiderate people who say and do thing without considering the feelings of others.

For example; things people have said to me after the death of my son leaves me speechless. One lady told me I was lucky to loose my only child because at least now I don't have to worry about any children. Another lady told me it is not normal for a mother to grieve after 3 months.

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 20, 2010, 02:33:31 PM
What is your pet peeve?

Mine is a 'know it all spoiled brat'

2chickiebaby

Oh!! my goodness, Invisible......those statements are not from a well meaning friend/friends.  Those are from people who are dumb as stumps.  How could they say those things to you?

Not normal to grieve?  That is so abnormal that you have to wonder about that friend.  I'd say that's not a friend but a mutation.

"Don't have to worry about any children?"  Are you kidding me?  I can't believe the gall of someone saying that to you after you lost your son!! 

cremebrulee

Quote from: Invisible on January 21, 2010, 06:10:17 AM
My biggest pet peeve would be inconsiderate people who say and do thing without considering the feelings of others.

For example; things people have said to me after the death of my son leaves me speechless. One lady told me I was lucky to loose my only child because at least now I don't have to worry about any children. Another lady told me it is not normal for a mother to grieve after 3 months.

Invisable, after reading this, I'm sitting here looking just like the icon you've chosen

I cannot believe these people came out with something like that?  I mean, I do know that people get very nervous in these situations and don't know what to say, and sometimes, say the wrong things, but, this?????? My God?  I can't believe people are so incensitive...unreal!

isitme?

manipulative people, inconsiderate people, emotionally unstable people and oh yeah.... SPOILED BRATS!

Dirty clothes left on the floor are not really my thing either - but I would choose that over emotionally unstable any day!

Invisible

Oh yes.....one neighbor told me she knew how I felt to lose a child, because she lost her dog once.....for a few days.

I know our animals seem to become members of our family. I have a dog and yes, I love him....however, I am sorry, losing a dog or cat is not the same.

People don't know what to say or do...so they say stupid thing and don't do anything. What happens to people who grieve is they become reclusive...just to protect themselves from "well meaning" people.

2chickiebaby

of course you become reclusive...how else can you protect yourself from these people?  They are everywhere.  I'm so sorry you had to deal with that on top of your great loss. 

cremebrulee

Quote from: Invisible on January 21, 2010, 07:07:57 AM
Oh yes.....one neighbor told me she knew how I felt to lose a child, because she lost her dog once.....for a few days.

I know our animals seem to become members of our family. I have a dog and yes, I love him....however, I am sorry, losing a dog or cat is not the same.

People don't know what to say or do...so they say stupid thing and don't do anything. What happens to people who grieve is they become reclusive...just to protect themselves from "well meaning" people.

people, unfortunately do not think before they speak...I'm so so sorry, you've had to go thru this...hugs....

when My foster mom was dying, people would say, "Well, she IS 92?"  and I'd reply..."she still my mom".