March 28, 2024, 02:23:38 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

She talks without thinking....

Started by RedRose, January 16, 2010, 05:26:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invisible

Do you think it is due to immaturity?

Kinzey

Hey Anna! It was her house and I would have offered if she didn't ask me but she told me to to them right after we were done eating and her daughter just sat there and watched me while my mil talked on the phone. I feel that if you are a guest in someone's home you don't have them do chores unless they offer or you ask them and help them instead on watching them while they do housework in your home. I didn't want to tell her no because we were snowed in and and couldn't go home for several more days because the interstates were closed and talking back to her would cause all sorts of drama. haah I wish i could make my husband do the dishes too lol.

cremebrulee

Quote from: Kinzey on January 20, 2010, 07:07:55 AM
Hey Anna! It was her house and I would have offered if she didn't ask me but she told me to to them right after we were done eating and her daughter just sat there and watched me while my mil talked on the phone. I feel that if you are a guest in someone's home you don't have them do chores unless they offer or you ask them and help them instead on watching them while they do housework in your home. I didn't want to tell her no because we were snowed in and and couldn't go home for several more days because the interstates were closed and talking back to her would cause all sorts of drama. haah I wish i could make my husband do the dishes too lol.

I'm sorry Kinsey, but your MIL and SIL are the wicked witches using you like that....very very rude...next time they're at your house, do the same thing to them...I know, I know, it's not right and you couldn't, I couldn't either, but it just makes me feel good saying so....

or....

when they tell you to do them again, just say, OK...but never get up and do them, no matter how often they tell you to....