March 28, 2024, 04:35:07 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

MIL hurt her son, more than she hurts me.

Started by Cat, August 26, 2009, 03:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SunnyDays09

Quote:  And when that happened to me, I thought "why would anyone want to control me...I'm such a goofus? Where is the challenge and the victory in that?"

You're not the lone stranger there for sure, Luise.  I felt the same way.  No. No way.  Why?  What in the world?  Why?  Maybe for fun.  See how far this one will go?  Two years they kept it going (oh my!)  What's nice is I am laughing about it now.  This is a good sign!   :D :D :D

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

just2baccepted

I was recently reading something about narcissistic personality disorder.  I thought that sounded like my MIL. I keep finding all these personality disorders that match my MIL, is that scary or what.

Anyway control is a feature of this disorder.

luise.volta

I had to stop reading those when everyone I knew (including me) seemed to qualify.  :o

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

SunnyDays09

Quote luise.volta  I had to stop reading those when everyone I knew (including me) seemed to qualify.  :o

I am def ROFL!!   Me too!  ALL OF THE LISTS.  I HAVE MADE THEM ALL!!!   :o :D