March 28, 2024, 01:25:36 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Funny how God put's us exactly where we need to be

Started by bdwell1904, October 04, 2011, 04:25:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bdwell1904

DH and I often talk and laugh about how we finally found each other. Our worlds circled around each other for over 20 yrs. Louisiana woman- Mississippi man. I visited with a friend at her father's house in MS 5 miles from where DH was living. My parents almost bought his uncle's house in the next town over in LA. We have realized several times where over the yrs we just missed each other in passing. It wasn't our time...3 yrs after my divorce we ended up at a fishfry together and God said now. DH had lost the site in his left eye a couple of years before we met, 3 yrs later when I lost site in my right eye I had someone who could truly support me because he KNEW what I was going through. WE have a great life and a greater love. I truly love his DM my MIL. We are friends  and enjoy each others company. She had a really hard time with DH's B & S due to only raising DH and not them. They eventually got past it and today she is in all their lives to some degree. I guess God gave me this MIL who would know how to support me now that my own DS & DD have disowned me. I also believe God gave me the wisdom to choose this site out of so many to choose from. I want to thank all the wise women here who share their stories. thanks to you I got more than 3 1/2 -4 hrs sleep last night. I found some peace in the stories we share. May you all find peace

sesamejane

thank you for  your lovely story bdwell.  How blessed you are! :-*

Pen

Yes, what a nice story. I'm glad you and DH have each other as well as your MIL through these difficult times. Here's to more peace and more sleep, Bdwell.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Thanks bdwell for sharing.  A beautiful story and very similar to my own.  DH and I say the same thing.  We had to go through life for awhile so we would truly appreciate it when we found each other.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Nana

Bdwell

Thanks for sharing such a lovely story.  Yes it happens, while some doors are being shut, other doors open.  Everything happens for a reason, I firmly believe it.   I believe in God...and I heard this once and it struck me.  "God never says no to us...he might say either yes, not now or I have other plans for you".     Life has a different timing for all of us.   9 years ago my dh had a midlife crisis (we were both around 50), so he left.  He had always been an excellent dad to my kids, hard-working, responsible and so forth (but our relationship was a roller coaster).  I couldnt believe it....I nearly died of sadness and depression.  I had to get professional help...and I had all his family support (thank God).  My children were still in college.  When he was leaving I saw tears in his eyes..but he said that he was being selfish because he was only thinking of pursuing his happiness (another lady lol).   I manage to pick up the pieces of my broken heart and move on.  He never stopped calling the kids and sending money for them.  After 9 months...he came to see my daughter who was ill and said he needed to speak to me.  So we went out and he convinced me to take him back.   I did lol (against my childrens will who had stopped trusting him) because I had never stopped loving him.  And now I can tell you that from that point on, we have had the best relationship.  Had nothing to lose.  I now knew better,   We both learned a lot from this hurtful experience........and our marriage is much better than in our early years of marriage. 

You are not alone in this....now you have your dh...and who knows .... life can give us many pleasant suprises (and even miracles).   
My best wishes for you. 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Oh Nana, that's beautiful.  It takes a strong woman and a mighty love to forgive something like that.  You are a rare find my friend and I hope he truly knows how lucky he is to have you.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

Nana ....I knew you were an angel , and now that confirms it !

bdwell1904

Nana -I agree with the other's. What a precious gift to have such forgiveness in your heart, it is not the first time I've heard a similar story. I guess that's why DH and I have such a special relationship, we have been through similar situation's only with our former spouses. It didn't work out with them but we learned good lessons about hurt and forgiveness and moving forward. Hve a beautiful day.

Nana

My dear Pooh, Lancaster Lady and Bdwell:  Thanks for the compliments...but not an angel at all.  I do admit I forgive easily...and that I am a very intense person.  I love with all my heart, but can algo get really angry, I am kind of stubborn with my ideas, and I get hurt easily.  I am as everyone else, with good and bad things.  The important thing for me is to keep trying to become a better person.  It is tough...but than we can always try again and again lol.  Love you ladies...you uplift my spirit.  Made my day Thanks. 

My husband would be laughing to read your posts.  He would say "You, an angel? ha ha". 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

That's ok Nana, my DH would say the only way I have wings is if I could make those horns flap on top of my head! ;D
Joseph Campbell