March 28, 2024, 11:16:06 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

I think about all of you so much!

Started by 2chickiebaby, January 15, 2010, 07:16:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Do you find yourself thinking about everyone here and their unique situations?  I do.... :)  You are like a little family to me.

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 15, 2010, 07:16:04 AM
Do you find yourself thinking about everyone here and their unique situations?  I do.... :)  You are like a little family to me.

yes, I do, and agree with you whole heartidly....

isitme?

I find myself thinking of you ladies all the time - and everytime I start feeling negative about my FMIL issues, I try to remember the warm fuzzy feeling I get from all of you! 

2chickiebaby

You might not believe this, Isitme (wish you had a different name!!) but I think about you too and try hard to understand what you are going through. 

XOXO

Pen

All of you are my lifeboat right now! I'm a little socially awkward, not sure how I come across sometimes. I hope you all know that I care about you and appreciate your thoughts and insights.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Orly

I don't find you "socially awkward" Penstamen,  you are seeking answers to your dilemmas, and asking hard questions of yourself and others.  Hard questions raise those hairs on the back of everyone's necks....which others who are seeking can relate to.  Wait until you find a really good solution, then you are going to get the goosebumps to go along with the raised hair sensation, and find yourself "dancing"!

cremebrulee

Quote from: Anna on January 17, 2010, 02:24:33 PM
Pen, I think you & I are a lot alike.  I feel socially awkward too, BUT, with me it is mainly because my dil has made me feel this way.  I was always very self confidant, but now I second guess almost everything I do, sometimes even playing out a scene before it happens to make sure I don't say or do the wrong thing.  How did I get this way??

yes, it does tend to take away confidence, self esteem, and then,  I get this surge of energy which dictates to me..."NO YOU DON'T, Don't you dare allow her to destroy who you were", and then I decide, I will not be her victim, even if it's only for a few minutes, then a few minutes more....but I actually have rah rah talks with myself to snap me back into the grove, so I get down and jiggy with it....LOL