April 24, 2024, 03:21:20 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by Rose799, September 29, 2011, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pam1

You know, it's funny.  When I volunteered to moderate I thought it's probably not that much to do, welcome people and delete the spam, no biggie.  Lol, then I got a taste of it -- I don't know how Luise did it by herself for so long.  She's one in a million herself :)
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

forever spring

Couldn't agree more, one in a million indeed!

Nana

Pam 1... We never know all the work it might take to do a job.  We thank you all moderators.  We get only the fun side...you are behind the stage. 

Doing a great job all of you gals.

Lovei
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

luise.volta

Dear WWUers, I just read this thread for the first time this morning and I don't know what to say. Thank you sounds pretty mundane. THANK YOU! This is the first time I have been online in two weeks. It feels like "coming home." What an incredibly loving family.
We will probably never know what got me. "A virus of unknown origin" sounds pretty lame. The diarrhea, two days of it, caused nausea and headaches, the nausea and headaches kept me from eating and drinking and caused dehydration...and the dehydration caused dangerously high blood pressure, 220. It was just an avalanche.
Kirk and Sandy were on site and took Rosa. They held the fort until my friend from New Mexico arrived. She is a very gifted energy therapist and stayed with me the second week after I got out of our campus nursing home. Another close friend is a therapist/therapist and worked with me every day on the phone a third close friend who has been a leader in the Seattle spiritual community here for over 35 years and publishes the New Spirit Journal took up her post on email, counseling me daily from there.
Lots to face and work though beyond the physical. Another level of burnout after going to see Val in our nursing home every day for the last year and a half and watching him die, one brain cell at a time. (His 100th birthday was Oct. 4th and I couldn't get out of bed.) And under all of that, the need to end a friendship with an old flame that seemed supportive but was based on his insatiable neediness. (More care giving.)
WWU would have crashed and burned without our beloved Moderators and all of you working so well together. I am so deeply appreciative because this is my "baby." You are my "kids." I am 84 but I put The Old Woman in the Shoe to shame. And "I have so many children I don't know what I'd do - without them - (you.)"
I'm about to get dressed (sweats over pajamas) and take my Rosa-dog out for a walk for the first time.
Please know that I have read every word on this thread and will read them many more times, in deep gratitude. Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

forever spring

:) Weeping with joy! SO good to have your voice back! Your words are like a balm for the soul.
Get completely rested and better soon.

lancaster lady

AAAWWW Luise ....Welcome Back !    :-* :-* :-*

Take care my friend , and be completely well before you tackle any chores !
We have missed you terribly , thrilled to have you back ...xxx

Pooh

Aww Luise, we all missed you so much.  Everyone was so well behaved (even us Mods  ;D) and we all played well in the sandbox Mom.  Hee hee.  I'm so sorry you are dealing with so much and I am sure that did not help your immune system.  Take it easy, one day at a time and don't rush into things.  Love you Luise!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Pen

Pooh hit me first! JK, she's right, we were very well-behaved while you were away. You sound more like your old self, which is very heartening. Do take it slow and easy! Love you much.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

jill

Dear Luise,
So happy to have you back. Missed you a lot, glad you are feeling better.  Take care of yourself.
Hugs.......Jill

Doe

Luise!!! 

(((Running down the driveway jumping up and down spinning in circles barking barking ahh rooooooo!!)))

Our pack leader is home!   We missed you!

Ruth

Oh Luise it was such a joy to see your face pop up, welcome, welcome back and I send you gentle and sweet thoughts.

sesamejane

pam1

Luise! So glad you're back!
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

luise.volta

Thank you for your warm and loving welcome and your prayers and loving energy when I was down for the count. I plan to get dressed today for the first time and to have my first cup of coffee. Inch by inch.
Sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

Yes...you take it easy so we can get you back for good!  So, so, so glad you are feeling better.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell