March 28, 2024, 01:26:20 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by Rose799, September 29, 2011, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Doe

Thanks, Pooh. 

Say, how did you all come to be moderators?  Do you know Luise IRL?

lancaster lady

to my knowledge Doe , non of us have ever met ....lol
This is Luise's site and baby . She was finding it hard going being the only moderator .
So she asked a few of the hero and long standing members to help her.
They each have their own subject topics and I think do an amazing job .
We are a cyber family and have grown to know each other through the site .
New members join on a regular basis , some stay , some go .
It was a lifeline for me when I really needed it , and I stayed ...... ;D

Ruth

I think of you each day Luise, sleep and rest, we love you.

Pooh

What LL said  ;D

and thank you LL
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Doe

ah, ok - I'm glad you are all here.  Thanks for showing up everyday!

Pooh

Aw you're welcome and thanks!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

sesamejane

Much love to all and especially to Luise.  Take care of yourself.

Nana

Dear Doe:

I remembered when Luise needed moderators.  She decided but we all suggested these wise ladies.  Glad we did...they are fabulous and took a lot of work load from Luise.

Cant remember well when this happen.  Could it be a year now?

Sorry I am getting this german condition lol (Alzheimer).

Love 
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Lol.  It seems like we have been doing this for a long time.  It was actually just June 1st of this year that we started.  And you are remembering right Nana.  She needed help and asked for volunteers and some of these wonderful ladies here nominated us, which was very flattering.  I love this site and everyone here, and was here most days anyway, so I am glad to help and take some of the stress off of Luise.

Doe, it was to the point that Luise was thinking about shutting down the site because she was so overwhelmed between this and her other site.  I couldn't bear the thought of losing this forum and all the wonderful family I have made here.
Joseph Campbell

Doe

Quote from: Pooh on October 07, 2011, 06:02:12 AM
Doe, it was to the point that Luise was thinking about shutting down the site because she was so overwhelmed between this and her other site. 

Whoa - I had no idea!    That's a good sign of success - that a project can continue in the absence of the creator.  It's like Luise's baby has all grown up!

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

pam1

Yep.  I couldn't bear the thought of WWU shutting down - this is the place that saved my marriage.  And Luise has  received tons of emails thanking her for helping them.  WWU is a special place, Luise did a bang up job. 
People throw rocks at things that shine - Taylor Swift

sesamejane

I completely agree with all sentiments on this thread!!  Missing Luise much and look forward to her complete recovery!

This is an "accelerator" site. You know I might have gotten better and found more peace with my situation over time, but I never dreamed I could find so much support and help on a website!!  It has only been a couple of months, and the results seemed to me to be immediate.  It's like you all stepped on my "get well" accelerator peddle!

Pen

Hi all, thanks for the props to we mods. I too cannot imagine having this site unavailable; it saved not only my relationship with my DS (in the nick of time, speaking of accelerators!) but possibly my marriage as well. If I'd done anything to encourage DS/DIL to reject us, DH & DD would have resented me forever.

I was thinking this evening as I was doing a little site housekeeping how much work it must have been for Luise alone. I'm honored to be able to help and I love my fellow mods as well as all the members who give so much of themselves in their posts.

We miss you Luise, but want you rested and fit before you venture back full-time. No relapses for you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

forever spring

I only read your message from Luise today. Thanks for posting it, Pooh and also thanks to all the moderators for keeping this site alive. It has become a source of strength for me too. It is a 'one in a million' site which really helps and offers genuine support. Must be a lot of work to moderate it. Long may it last.
I do think about Luise a lot and wish her speedy recovery. It goes to show how quickly things can change and how precious the present is. I'm so sorry that she has to suffer. It must be bad for her not to be able to participate at full speed. Hope she will pull through.
Much love to all and thanks again.