March 28, 2024, 04:33:10 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Luise

Started by Rose799, September 29, 2011, 03:33:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lancaster lady

Hi Luise .......hope you are well .Just checking in on you to see how you are , and to say we miss you . Take care , hope to see you soon ........love as always ......x

luise.volta

LL - Thanks for asking...I am slowly getting back on my feet. A month ago today I got out of our nusring facility. Here's hoping I can follow my place to go back to Curves on Nov. 1, exercise always energizes me
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Truth

Moderators - I have read the Open Me First Section. ;)

I have been lurking and reading for a few days now and wanted to start off with this:

Luise - Thank you for starting this website which is, unfortunately, very needed.  Sending positive thoughts and energy your way for a continued speedy recovery.

Pooh

Welcome Truth and thanks for taking the time to read the Open Me first section.  Keep lurking and reading and feel free to join in when you are ready.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

T- You're welcome. Glad to have you on board.

Pen

Welcome, Truth. We kind of like it here, too.

We'll be here when you're ready to share; keep reading, there's lots of support & wisdom here.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

forever spring

To the tune of Louis Armstrong Hello Dolly ....

Hello Luise it's so nice to have you back where you belong! (You know the tune).

Maybe all of us WW should whistle or sing it in our own space!
Much love  :)

luise.volta

C - Oh, that's funny! I can actually see it and hear it!

And yes, being back in the land of the living is a real treat. Boy, was I sick! Some of it was emotional...from watching Val die one brain cell at a time every day for the last ten (10) years. I am on a mild anti-depressant and start grief counseling tomorrow. It just wears on a person and you don't know it until you topple and fall. A physical illness that you can't seem to recover from is a classic symptom of overload and as a nurse, I should have seen it coming. Too hard to see the forest for the trees.