March 28, 2024, 08:49:19 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Found this so-true statement

Started by cremebrulee, January 11, 2010, 06:41:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

If you don't approve of your MIL and her behavior you should have dated someone from a family that you fit into. If you love your husband you should put up with his family for your husbands sake. If you hated his family you should have married someone from a family that you did like. The result of marrying into a family that a young girl hates is quite clear in the experience "I Hate My MIL". All of the problems associated with hating your mates family are happening because of bad choices in your life.

Now this isn't for all cases....they're are some very dysfunctional inlaws....

but, I have to question someone who hates? 

What do you think?

cocobars

This is absolutely true.  The sad truth is that I believe the kinds of DIL's that go to that site, wouldn't be able to understand the statement to begin with.  They want the world to revolve around them and when it doesn't, they lash out at any MIL in their path to get even.  It doesn't have to be their own MIL's.

I believe hate comes from fear and fear is a hard thing to overcome, but turns to hate easily.  They feel they are not loved, but hated by their in-laws and they are afraid of that so they "hate" in return (or what they think is in return).  It may be a reason why they stalk these sites for MIL's, looking for ways of upsetting their own MIL's.  They are so afraid, that they want to get the first "punch" in somehow.  It's an insecurity that drives them into fear and then, hate.  These kinds of DIL's would be next to impossible to reach because they are holding on so tightly to that fear/hate.

Does that make sense?

cremebrulee

Quote from: cocobars on January 11, 2010, 07:04:00 AM
This is absolutely true.  The sad truth is that I believe the kinds of DIL's that go to that site, wouldn't be able to understand the statement to begin with.  They want the world to revolve around them and when it doesn't, they lash out at any MIL in their path to get even.  It doesn't have to be their own MIL's.

I believe hate comes from fear and fear is a hard thing to overcome, but turns to hate easily.  They feel they are not loved, but hated by their in-laws and they are afraid of that so they "hate" in return (or what they think is in return).  It may be a reason why they stalk these sites for MIL's, looking for ways of upsetting their own MIL's.  They are so afraid, that they want to get the first "punch" in somehow.  It's an insecurity that drives them into fear and then, hate.  These kinds of DIL's would be next to impossible to reach because they are holding on so tightly to that fear/hate.

Does that make sense?

that is absolutely right...makes perfect sense!  Thank you

2chickiebaby

I'm sure you've seen the pictures of us on those sites.....dreadful!! We are much more "beautifuller" than the pictures.

The thing is, with us at least, the DILs were so kind at first.  That's what really hurt us...without warning one of them turned abruptly and the other one just used us, I fear.  I think they both came in with the agenda of control at all cost.

cocobars

I haven't seen the pic's?  Of course, I've tried not looking over there because I did once and thought it was counter productive to my already bruised ego.  HA! 

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 11, 2010, 07:28:31 AM
I'm sure you've seen the pictures of us on those sites.....dreadful!! We are much more "beautifuller" than the pictures.

The thing is, with us at least, the DILs were so kind at first.  That's what really hurt us...without warning one of them turned abruptly and the other one just used us, I fear.  I think they both came in with the agenda of control at all cost.

Hey Chickie, Good Morning

No, this didn't come from one of those sites, and no, I haven't seen those pictures....LOL, but can imagine...and yes, we are prettier...LOL

2chickiebaby

Coco and Creme....I sent a PM with the name!!  OH!

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 11, 2010, 07:53:07 AM
Coco and Creme....I sent a PM with the name!!  OH!

Huh, I don't understand?

cocobars

Well, I looked and it was pretty disgusting...  It is a "hate" site though and is promoting hate.  I still think it's not productive to look there.  It's like looking into a "hitler" site when your jewish.  You can't let fear drive you there.  The internet is still a pretty new concept.  We have laws and rights for gays, blacks, american indians, hispanics, etc...  I believe someday there will be laws for internet usage that will ban sites who promote hate like that.  It's just a matter of time.

Really chickie.  Putting thos pic's on there, just proves the site's predisposition to "hate."  If it were an authentic site for DIL's who were trying to be good wives and IL's themselves, MIL's wouldn't be portrayed in that light!  I wouldn't look there anymore.  I think that site is a joke and not to be taken seriously...

mom2

The sad truth is that I believe the kinds of DIL's that go to that site, wouldn't be able to understand the statement to begin with.  They want the world to revolve around them and when it doesn't, they lash out at any MIL in their path to get even.  It doesn't have to be their own MIL's.
/i]

Cocobars,

I, personally,  think dils that stalk Mils on these sites are, in reality, mad at their own mils but are afraid to say anything to them so they say it to us.

That's one thing I can honestly say... everything I have said about my dil , I have said it to her face... and it's true. I am not two faced

cremebrulee

Quote from: mom2 on January 11, 2010, 07:41:42 PM
The sad truth is that I believe the kinds of DIL's that go to that site, wouldn't be able to understand the statement to begin with.  They want the world to revolve around them and when it doesn't, they lash out at any MIL in their path to get even.  It doesn't have to be their own MIL's.
/i]

Cocobars,

I, personally,  think dils that stalk Mils on these sites are, in reality, mad at their own mils but are afraid to say anything to them so they say it to us.

That's one thing I can honestly say... everything I have said about my dil , I have said it to her face... and it's true. I am not two faced

Hi Mom2
and
Good Morning
Boy does that make sense...

But what about an older woman who stalks...follows you around from site to site, trying to make you look like the bad person?  What's your take on that...who is actually jealous of friends you make online, and when your having fun, comes into the thread, and actually focuses on tearing it down....?

cocobars

Quote from: cremebrulee on January 12, 2010, 04:17:38 AM
Quote from: mom2 on January 11, 2010, 07:41:42 PM
/i]

Cocobars,

Hi Mom2
and
Good Morning
Boy does that make sense...

But what about an older woman who stalks...follows you around from site to site, trying to make you look like the bad person?  What's your take on that...who is actually jealous of friends you make online, and when your having fun, comes into the thread, and actually focuses on tearing it down....?

I still believe it comes from fear and insecurity.  The fact that you are having a good time when an older woman stalks you on the internet, well, that involves a little jealousy.

The DIL's do it (I believe) because they are afraid of their MIL's power over her own family.  They may be afraid that their MIL's will take their husbands away, or create havoc in their marriage.  I believe they do it out of that same fear.  They want to beat their MIL's to the punch and believe if they can make her look bad, they are somehow protecting themselves by putting her "out."  It's really a power struggle. One that comes from fear and hate.