March 28, 2024, 01:06:55 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

To Cook Turkey or Eat Crow that is the question

Started by Smilesback@u, September 22, 2011, 01:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ruth

profoundly expressed, Begonia!   Aren't you amazed how far you've come since that first post?  You passed the honeymoon phase and earned your wings!

Begonia

Thank you, Ruth, Rose & Smiles....I feel as if you are friends and we are here for each other!  Yes, I am so glad to be where I am now, and so proud of how I have conducted myself--just rising up to be who I am instead of asking my AC for permission to be. 

My greatest accomplishment as a mom is to know my AC are great parents and are able to negotiate all these troubled times without relying on me.  Sometimes a hard pill to swallow, but with WW help I feel so much more "adult" about looking at how I was enabling and trying to control my AC.  So nice to just let go. 

I thank all of you and Luise for making this site possible and for her "tough love."  It really set me back to hear that I was a person before I had kids and I would/could be a person now too.  Wow.  Bless all of you a million times and peace on your journeys. 
Yesterday is history, Tomorrow is a mystery, Today is a gift (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Pen

Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

Pooh

Luise calls us her "cyber family"....I like it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

forever spring

Quote from: Pooh on October 04, 2011, 05:31:43 AM

Luise calls us her "cyber family"....I like it!

Thanks for reminding us Pooh! That's what we are a cyber family. Isn't the internet a great thing when people like us use it for the benefit of all. My thoughts are always with my family and friends but with also this virtual community of wise women, amazing. I wouldn't want to be part of any other cyber community but this one is great.
It such goes to show that what some philosophers call a 'genius loci, the spirit of the place' - really does exist - only here it is not a confined geographical space but the world. Wow!

forever spring

... and no I'm not an insomniac, just live in Finland where we are a few hours ahead, it's only 5.15 pm now. Cheers!

Pooh

You are so right chelms.  It's amazing how spirits unite!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

sesamejane

I agree too Chelms.  I have never been interested in blogs or other kind of things on the internet.  I have a facebook page and check it now and then, and post occassionally but WWU is quite different.  This is a very special place thanks to you alll.

Shelby

Quote from: Begonia on October 03, 2011, 03:48:36 PM

Just yesterday my DD posted on my FB wall that she appreciated my tomato soup recipe and she shooed her DH out of the kitchen to make it herself for her family on Saturday. 

Begonia -- just saw this in re-reading old threads.  So you have a good tomato soup recipe?  Is it vegetarian?  Why not share the recipe?  I'd love to try it.