March 28, 2024, 01:15:52 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Seriously Frustrated!

Started by Pooh, September 21, 2011, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pooh

I am so seriously frustrated right now.  At what point did a patient become an afterthought?  What happened to Doctors and Staff that cared about people?  When did they forget about compassion and empathy?  Not to mention, dern it...I'M PAYING THEM!

Arrrrrgggg.  So remember I received the letter that the moles had pre-cancerous cells in them?  So I called 3 weeks ago and the receptionist looked up my file and said this other person had it and put me through to his office.  I got voice mail, left a message and my phone number.  Never got a call back.  Decided to be patient because of going on vacation, got back and no message still.  Had my regular appointment with my MD yesterday and told him what was going on.  He told me to call them back first thing this morning and give them the benefit of the doubt that someone just dropped the ball.  So I did first thing this morning, got put through to the guys voice mail again.  Left another message and he has still not called back yet. 

I am getting beyond frustrated at this point.  I have seen 8 doctors over the last 2 years and I have ONE that cares about his patients.  My MD is the only one that calls back, listens, tries things........  He told me to try again and if they didn't respond this time, he would call and get my results and we would go from there.  I appreciate him but dang it, I'm running in circles!

I'm about over this today!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

elsieshaye

Sending good thoughts that this gets resolved today.
This too shall pass.  All is well.

Doe

I feel for you, Pooh! 
You'd think in this field, there would be more compassion.   
Let us know if you want all of us to come there and slap 'em around for you. 

luise.volta

Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Pooh

You can all take turns slapping them!  Ok, so going home...never got a call.  I'm calling my MD first thing in the morning and asking him to go ahead and get the files!

We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

GGRrrrrrrrr..... >:( >:(
does this person have a secretary ?
that's the person I always phone , get your Doc to phone , he should get a reply !
My cardiologist cancelled my next appointment two months ago , and said he would send me another ........
I could DIE waiting !!!!!!!!!!
These ''doctors'' should realise , even though they deal with hundreds of patients every day , it's my life that I care
about  and so should he !
Sending you a double Pooh .....hic !

luise.volta

Smack, crack, wham...boom! (That was a cannon!)
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Ruth

Please become firm about this.  You can push your weight around on this issue.  I would leave it at that with the receptionist. 

Nana

Dear Pooh

I feel your frustration and it is how it is in the Medical Field (not always).  Good that you have at least a doctor who cares and supports you.  Stick to it Pooh.... Keep us posted...wishing the best... You are my role-model.

I have two doctors home, my husband and my daughter.  I always remind my daughter that the patient could be me....that I could be the one on her hands, and that every patient is very important.  I ask her to never lose her human side....that we as patients or when we are sick we  are very vulnerable....and need to feel the warmness of the MD treating us... It is even proven that when a patient feels secure, he/she  does even better with treatment. 

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Rose799

It might be a good idea to ask to speak to the nurse.  My doctor's receptionist appears to be the gate keeper; so I often ask for the nurse.  I normally get good results going through her, but then again, she knows me well.   Wishing you the best, Pooh...

Pen

Pooh, thinking of you and hope all is resolved soon. My HMO puts everything online as soon as the lab work is done. They aren't perfect, but that is one thing I like. I would hate waiting to hear back on that stuff  >:(
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sesamejane

I am sorry you have had to wait so long to hear the results.  It really is not right, unprofessional at the least.  But so wrong to keep you in the dark! 

Do they have home phone numbers??   ;D ::)

Pooh

Lol.  I wish I had their home numbers!  I would call them at 3:00 a.m.! 

Ok, I didn't explain that well.  Sorry, I was mad yesterday!  I went for the biopsy on my arm and while I was there, the RA saw two moles she didn't like the looks of.  I'm very fair skinned and have freckles and moles everywhere, always have.  So they did the deep shave thingie on them (they were both on my back)  I went back two weeks later to get my biopsy stitches out and they had the results of my biopsy thus got the diagnosis of my Linear Morphea.  She didn't say anything specifically about the moles, but told me everything else looked fine.  Normally, I am good at asking questions, but I was still processing the morphea thing when she told me this.  When I left and kind of replayed in my head what was said, I assumed (I know...my bad) that "everything else looked fine" was about the moles.

Two weeks later, I received a letter in the mail from them saying the mole results were showing some precancerous cells and they needed me to call them to schedule further biopsies to ensure they got it all, and to schedule 6 month followups.  I got the letter on Saturday, so I called them on Tuesday (Monday was a bad work day).  That's when the secretary said that she didn't have my file, this XXXXX guy did and she put me through to his office.  I have no idea who this guy is.  Got his voice mail, left all the info to call me and why and waited.  Didn't hear from him the next two weeks, and honestly, I am normally very patient and I also knew we were leaving the next week for the cruise.  So got back, still no messages on any answering machine, so I knew I had a Dr. appointment with my MD Tues.  I waited and told him what was going on and asked him what he thought.  He told me that he could do the procedures, he does them all the time and he looked.  He said the problem was, without seeing the actual reports, he didn't know what kind it was or if it was one of them or both.  He said depending on what kind it was, would be how big of an area they needed to cut out.  I love my MD and he said he didn't want to do two big incisions if he only needed to do one, so told me to call them again and if I didn't get any response again, to call his office and they would request all the records and he would just take care of it.

So I called first thing yesterday morning.  Told the secretary what was going on and that I had not received a call back, she put me through again to mystery XXXXXX and got voice mail again.  Left the message again, nicely explained he had not called me back and waited.  No call again.

Shewwww.........more than you guys wanted to know! Lol.
Joseph Campbell

Pooh

Quote from: Nana on September 21, 2011, 02:58:53 PM
Dear Pooh

I feel your frustration and it is how it is in the Medical Field (not always).  Good that you have at least a doctor who cares and supports you.  Stick to it Pooh.... Keep us posted...wishing the best... You are my role-model.

Sweet Nana, bless your heart.  If I'm your role model....you are in trouble!  I love you Nana!
Joseph Campbell

sesamejane

Dearest Pooh,

Please post results - I'll be thinking of you.