March 28, 2024, 04:47:14 PM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Seriously Frustrated!

Started by Pooh, September 21, 2011, 11:37:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nana

If I am in trouble...how bad can it get?  haha.... I  like taking chances. 
Hope everything works out fine for you.  Keep us posted.

Love
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

I waited through yesterday afternoon, so almost 2 full days and still no call again.  I gave them the first time because everyone is human and can make a mistake.  But to do it twice is unprofessional and not a group I need on my team.   That's how I see this.  I am in this for the long haul (the rest of my life).  I need Doctors that are reliable because I will be with them for a long time.

I called my MD Office and they gave me my Nurse's voicemail and I told her I had tried and still no call so they had my permission to go ahead and get my records and reports from them and that I wanted my Doc to do the procedure.  She will, and they will call me when they get them to set the appointment.  They always follow through.

NOW, the evil side of me wants the Derm's Office to call so I can tell him "Don't worry about it.  My MD is going to take care of me since it has been a month and you never returned my call.  Thank you but FAIL!"
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

I would make that call Pooh , even if they don't receive it , you'll feel better ! Good luck with the procedure .x

Pooh

Ha ha...I knew there was a reason I love you!   :P

I would feel better probably, but at the same time....I'm trying really really really really hard to be the better person.  That's been my goal the last few months...to not lower myself to someone else's level.  I may FAIL! Lol.
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

Orly

I'd be calling the secretary back and telling her you weren't getting a call back from the doctor and you want your files sent to your MD....then I'd be asking for the senior/managing partner to get to the bottom of your file disappearing into that black hole of ennui.  I'd also be informing them I'd be sending a letter to the state medical board listing my problems with their office.

Doctors may be educated in medicine ....but they still are an employee....and you are the boss.  When it comes to your health, you sometimes have to be the squeaky wheel.  Don't feel bad about raising the roof.

BTW, I hope they got the problem cells in the first biopsy and your follow up is clear.  Crossing my fingers and toes for this outcome.  :)

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

Pen

And Pooh, it's not just about you (although you're the one we care about in this situation) it's also about the patients coming along behind you who may not be able to advocate for themselves as you can. The office needs to be aware that patients are not being dealt with properly.  The more complaints the more motivation for them to improve their services for all.
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

sesamejane

Pooh

I'm going to disappear for a few days...again.  My Nurse called me last Wednesday and was seriously frustrated herself.  She wanted me to know that she had not forgot me, but had been left 3 messages over the past 3 weeks with the Derm office and they wouldn't call her back either.  She wanted me to know she was trying and was going to try one more time and was going to get righteous with them and refuse to get off the phone until they gave her a human.  She said she would call me back on Thursday and let me know if she got the records taken care of, and if not, she wanted me to march into their office, in the middle of the reception area and pitch the biggest fit they had ever seen, until they copied my records right then...Lol.  I love my Nurse.  She was telling me that she had never had another Doctor's Office refuse to call a Doctor's Office back for 3 weeks.

Well my phone rings about 30 minutes later and she is laughing.  She said they tried to give her voice mail again and she pitched her fit.  She said she told the receptionist that if they didn't put a human on the phone, she was going to have my Doctor call and report them to the bar for putting her patient in jeopardy.  They hunted someone down and she gave this guy down the road too (he's the one that hasn't been returning my calls either).  Said she told him the same thing, that she was within an inch of having him and the Doctor's office reported.   He faxed my records within 10 minutes.  ;D

So she put me through to scheduling and I have my appointment this Thursday afternoon to have the two places removed.  They told me I would be sore for a few days since it would require a few stitches in each place.  I have taken off work Friday to give myself the weekend to recover.  So I'll be MIA again from Thursday afternoon until probably Monday.

This would be the appropriate place for you all to chant, "Let's go Pooh...Let's go Pooh!"
Joseph Campbell

lancaster lady

You'll be fine Pooh ...... time to get this sorted .Take care , I'll be with you all the way .....x

Truth

Wow Pooh what a frustrating and stressful experience  :-\
Sending positive thoughts and energy your way for the procedure  :)

Pen

OK, "Let's go Pooh!" Better than the pre-op enema, eh?  ;)

Hey, major props to your kick-butt nurse! You've got this, Pooh - we're all in there with ya, don'tcha know. Love you!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

I wish I could write..."no, they couldn't have been THAT bad"...but of course, THEY WERE! I think your nurse walks on water! The whole thing makes me so mad! What a horror!!

And we are all chanting...I can hear it! And we're marching to Your drummer!

Awaiting report! And sending love...
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Nana

Goo Pooh Go girl. 

You will be in my thoughts and prayers.    Hope the best for you.

Love you
Love is not love Which alters when it alteration finds, Or bends with the remover to remove:
Shakespeare

Pooh

Thanks guys.  I'm not too nervous about it, just don't like shots in the middle of my back.  Also, I'm not healing as quick as I was.  ???  I haven't quite figured that out yet in my research.  The only thing I can maybe think it is, and Luise, you may know if this could be true, autoimmune commonly causes vasculitis.  I'm starting to get purple bruising along the bottom of my legs, and veins have been popping on my legs the last 3 months.  My Mother has spider veins (which my Doctor says is proven hereditary) so I attributed it to that, but when I get the smallest scratch now, it is taking over a month to heal.  The last shave biopsies they did, took forever to heal up.  So I'm thinking maybe it's vasculities that's slowing down my healing process.

One of them is in the dead center of my back, right under the bra strap and was hard to keep from rubbing it against chairs too, so it stayed sore.  On the bright side, my DH will baby me this weekend!
Joseph Campbell