March 28, 2024, 11:13:21 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Latest Update on Luise

Started by 2chickiebaby, January 09, 2010, 05:40:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

2chickiebaby

Well, dear heart, every day seems to take more out of me than I have to give but I am making it through.

My plaster cast has been replaced with a removable one. I'm still wheelchair-bound but I can now shower sitting on a chair! :-)

I thought I could sleep without the removable cast but my surgical site is to sensitive to the weight of the bedding and/or the strain of turning over that I can't do it. So...I'm still sleeping with a log. LOL!

Val and I are enjoying each other in spite of the circumstances and I have an orthopedic evaluation scheduled for Jan. 14th. At 82 and 98 we are doing quite well, if seems to me.

Don't worry...I'm coping. And don't think I don't appreciate your looking in one me. It's wonderful to stay connected.

I go days without looking at MILU and then I drop in and am overwhelmed and intimidated by the content.
Love,

Luise

P.S. You can copy and paste this if you want to.

Pen

Luise, thanks for the update, and thanks to Chickie for passing it along. I think of you daily, especially when something is difficult and I don't want to do it...my issues seem so silly, suddenly. Best wishes on your continued recovery!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

luise.volta

Thanks to everyone. Have reported on other threads that I am up but not running. Back on MILU! Yes!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

Invisible

It is amazing how resilient yet fragile the human body can be. Don't worry about any hardware (plates and screws) in your leg. Once your ankle heals you shouldn't have any pain. They will help reinforce the bone but you should not have any pain because of their presence.

Now, you may have more difficulty getting through the airport scanners.... ;)

isitme?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery Luise..  glad to hear the update!

Orly

One downside to those plates Luise...you may be one of the few people who can foretell the weather from now on with them.   Of course, knowing ahead of time may be a perk too.