March 29, 2024, 02:29:13 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

Why Diets Don't Work For Me But A "Fitness Plan" Does

Started by luise.volta, August 09, 2011, 11:45:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

luise.volta

Rose...we are having fun! Come play with us and see if it is fun for you or not. It's OK, either way.

Pooh, I didn't notice the butterfly...again.  ;) Thanks!
Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible. Dalai Lama

elizabeth

I signed up at Fitness Pal and I have to say I like it better than Calorie Count, which I kinda, off and on,
used for about a year.

FP is simpler to find foods and enter them on the meals and the excersize/calorie tracker is really good.

Thank you for the idea.

luise.volta

Wonderful! :-)

Pooh - Would you show Elizabeth how to friend us on MFP?

Pooh

Sure.  Elizabeth, if you want to friend us to have a support group (your choice) from the home page, at the top on the tabs, click on "Community".  When it changes pages, it will now show some tabs under those.  Chose "Find Members".  When that page comes up, there will be search boxes.  If you use the one that says "Username or Email" and type in my username "VelcroPooh" it should bring me up so that you can send a friend request.

Once you find me and I accept, you can click on my profile and see all my friends and see our motley crew!  If you choose to do this, they can all tell you their user names, as I do have about 4-5 others on there that are not WWU people.  Like Luise is Weegi....hee hee.  (ratted her out).

You don't have to find us if you want to play for awhile, but it does help to have a support group on there that gives you "atta girls or kicks you back into place sometimes (that would be me!)"  Lol.  We have alot of fun on there with each other.

Either way....welcome and keep at it!  You can do it!
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

sesamejane

My fitness pal has been a wonderful experience for me.  I told my physician about it, and he looked it up to refer patients to.  I wonder if I would love it half as much if you all were not my pals there.  REally you all are helping me change my life.  Thank you. :-*

luise.volta

That's my experience, too. What a bunch of cheerleaders! I'm so grateful!

Pooh

Give us a few more months and we will fit in those cheerleader outfits!  RRROOOOOOAAAARRRRRR
We must let go of the life we have planned, so as to accept the one that is waiting for us. -
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Elizabeth...if you want to "friend" me on MFP, my user name there is: Weegi. :-)

Pooh

She found me!  So she should be on my friend's list now if you guys want to make it easier on her and go send her a request, telling her who you are.
Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell

luise.volta

Pooh

Joseph Campbell