March 28, 2024, 04:30:35 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DDIL/CDIL....

Started by cocobars, January 07, 2010, 04:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cocobars

Hello everyone!

Since I'm new to this, I really need someone to clarify what all the abbreviations mean.  I've figured out most of them, but it's really confusing to me to keep running into more.  I haven't been able to decifer DDIL or CDIL yet, and there's more I've caught.  The IL part I get, but being of simple mind.....

2chickiebaby

Dear Sweet Coco,
Those are my letters that I made up.....one is for Close DIL and one is for Distant DIL.  Close DIL calls me a lot and makes me part of their lives.

DDIL doesn't.

I've since found out that Close DIL is a user and I have worn myself out with waiting on her.  She's an Emotional Vampire. 

Now, I'm so upset because I thought she really liked me!!  She wants control. I sure hope she doesn't bite my neck.  YIKES! 

I don't know half of the abbreviations.  I just guess at them.

cocobars

I understand the DDIL now.  Have a user of my own, and I've been a little nervous about writing things here.  The thought hit me that she may come on here and read the posts too!  Oops!  I've been pretty descriptive at times, elaborating conversations, etc. 

I've read other abbreviations on here that had me stumped.  HA!- There was one letter from a DIL that was just about "ALL" abreviated!  I just had to stop reading so the stars above my head would hold still and go away!

Thanks for clearing those up for me!  If you think of any more, let me know.  I could use all the help I can get!

2chickiebaby

If any of mine ever read these things, I'm dead.  D.E.A.D. Dead.  Boom! DEAD.  Gone, finished, adios, see ya never, get lost, drop dead, we hate you.  Things like that. Can't imagine why.

just2baccepted

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 07, 2010, 04:41:12 PM
If any of mine ever read these things, I'm dead.  D.E.A.D. Dead.  Boom! DEAD.  Gone, finished, adios, see ya never, get lost, drop dead, we hate you.  Things like that. Can't imagine why.

You know thats an interesting point.  Because if they knew what you said about them then they'd be upset.  Its interesting b/c even you can see how the things you've said about them may be very hurtful(some of the names you've called them that is).  No offense but would you still be friendly with someone who called you a mutated freakoid or pukehead?  I know I wouldn't be.  But you said you can't imagine why they wouldn't want to be around your anymore? I know my MIL talks badly about me behind my back.  Why would I want a relationship with someone who is going to call me names behind my back instead of feeling empathy for me and trying to see my good points. Words can stab like knives.   Just my thoughts.

cocobars

Well, what made me think about it, was a text message I received from my son a couple of nights ago in the middle of the night.  I couldn't make sense of it and it said, "Have you ever felt bad for saying something good about someone, just to have a hater talk bad about that person because of the good things you said?  It isn't fun."  It came through at 3am, and I couldn't sleep anymore after that.  I didn't get it, until I remembered telling the whole story on here!

I had just finished replying in a post with a story about how "she" put her children in a car and drove an hour and a half to get here, without any gas to get back home.  Maybe I'm over-reacting, but my son hasn't called me back since then.  I sent him a message saying, "what are you talking about? Are you ok?"  That was two days ago...

2chickiebaby

Dear Just2be,
Thank you for your thoughts.  I don't know what to say to you about it since I've tried to be as  kind to you as I can.  Those things were said out of my frustration and heartbreak, not meant to be taken literally at all. My way of shouting, "uncle", since I've really been through it.

When I said, "I can't imagine why".  It was a joke.  I'm a jokester.  I hope so much all here know that about me.  I guess it doesn't always come across that way.  I'm very sorry.  Thankfully, some of you get me.

When I see a familiar name on another site talking about us here, I think that warrants some backing off and that's what I've done.  I wouldn't do that to you.

I want to be myself on here and a kidder is what I am.  Please take that into consideration when you read my posts.  I do not mean that you or my DILs are mutated freakoids.  I wouldn't wish one bad thing to happen to them, ever.  I never wanted anything but happiness to you either.

RedRose

MMM....thanks for clearing that up for me...I was confused by that response.
But...anyone that knows you would have to know you have a sense of humor.
You know I'm always on your side chickie!

2chickiebaby

Thank you sweet Rose...that really brought me down.  :'(

cocobars

Hello Just2be!

I hope you read chickie's posts.  She really wouldn't say something like that to anyone she knows.  We all come on here and joke around, and chickie is one of the best I've seen here.  Heck, I even said I was going to play "wack-a-mole" with an angry baby! 

I'm happy to be here, and to be able to open up and kid around without hurting my own DIL's.  I wouldn't want them to see any of my vents (and even some of my sarcasm).  It doesn't mean we wont all come on this site and vent.

2chickiebaby

Thank you, sweet Coco.....

RedRose

Let what she said go right over your head chickie....Just2b knows your personality...she has posted here long enough

cocobars

Does anyone have a good pie recipe? 

2chickiebaby

Oh boy, thank you....I will try.   :)

cocobars