March 28, 2024, 05:47:56 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

DDIL/CDIL....

Started by cocobars, January 07, 2010, 04:11:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orly

GADS COCO,  Don't even think of wasting good pie!  If you want to throw one .....throw it onto MY plate!  LOL

cocobars

Oops!  You made me look Orly!

Just tell me where to throw, um, I mean send it!

just2baccepted

Quote from: RedRose on January 07, 2010, 06:15:49 PM
What I said is that I was seeing more DIL posts than MIL posts....which is what was happening at that time...don't put words into my mouth!!!
And I have just said you have posted here long enough to know what kind of personality chickie has.
Feel free to pass over my posts just2b.....I can't help you anyway

Sheeshhhh

That's fine I wouldn't want advice from someone who's obviously hostile to me.

I assume the pie innuendo's is about hitting me maybe in the face with one?  If that's the case I really think that is extremely rude and uncalled for.  I've been posting on here for sometime and have not been treated so rudely.  I think if you're going to post on this site I think it would be much appreciated if we all treat each other like the adults that we are.  This is not a hostile site.  My thinking is if you plan to be hostile to other posters maybe you should post someplace else.

And Chickie I'm not referring to you b/c you have been nice to me.  All the posters have been nice until now.

RedRose

Just2baccepted...
You are the one that is hostile towards me...obviously

IGNORE me from now on please

cocobars

Justtobe, We have been joking and kidding around all night.  You have to admit, that what you originally wrote to chickie was insensitive.  Would you rather we be confrontational like you were, or "slap-happy?"  This post has been funny all night long.

If you want a site that is not entertaining, as well as informative, engaging, and serious, then you are probably looking in the wrong place.  This is really a serious site, but if we can't laugh at someone who is so rudely confrontational, then you would have alot of confrontations in return.  I'm sorry if we all upset you.  When I start laughing, then everything pops into my head and I get worse.  I thought it was really funny, and I'm sorry you feel it was at your expense.  Chickie thought it was at her expense at first also.  This is a serious site, but I believe we should be able to Unite in laughter also and happen to believe laughing is a much better feeling than being upset.

Can you forgive us?  Now, do you have a good pie recipe?

just2baccepted

Quote from: cocobars on January 07, 2010, 07:49:39 PM
Justtobe, We have been joking and kidding around all night.  You have to admit, that what you originally wrote to chickie was insensitive.  Would you rather we be confrontational like you were, or "slap-happy?"  This post has been funny all night long.

If you want a site that is not entertaining, as well as informative, engaging, and serious, then you are probably looking in the wrong place.  This is really a serious site, but if we can't laugh at someone who is so rudely confrontational, then you would have alot of confrontations in return.  I'm sorry if we all upset you.  When I start laughing, then everything pops into my head and I get worse.  I thought it was really funny, and I'm sorry you feel it was at your expense.  Chickie thought it was at her expense at first also.  This is a serious site, but I believe we should be able to Unite in laughter also and happen to believe laughing is a much better feeling than being upset.

Can you forgive us?  Now, do you have a good pie recipe?

Coco and Orly's PM - thanks I appreciate that.  I felt ganged up on there for a second.  I assumed that was meant for me b/c of my comment to Chickie.  Sometimes people have emotional responses to other people.  Sometimes I have those b/c my MIL tries to tear me down to my DH and other relatives.  That really changes your view on things.

I guess I wanted to know why Chickie would say these things about her DIL.  I took that personal b/c sometimes I wonder what kind of names my MIL has for me.     I just wish my MIL would try to see my good points instead of bad and I guess I was hoping Chickie might do the same.  No matter what I say or how I say it there will always be a MIL on here who will be rude to me b/c I'm a DIL.  That's just the way I feel.  I would never want advice from someone who loathes me assuming just b/c I'm having MIL problems instead of DIL problems.  The hurt is just as bad for me as it is for anybody else on this board.   But absolutley I won't bother or interact with someone who's going to dismiss me and be rude. 

cocobars

You can't feel that way about chickie.  She isn't your mother in law.  She doesn't mean you any harm by venting here and really didn't deserve what you said to her.  I don't think anyone here wants to be confrontational, because we are all learning things that we WANT to learn. 

cocobars

By the way, Just2be, we are learning from you as much as you are learning from us. 

I have said some bad things about my DIL that I wouldn't want anyone else to hear.  I'm glad I have a safe place here to vent so she doesn't hear it.  If I vent to my family, they hold it against her.  Seriously, Some of them stopped talking to her, period.  I'm keeping my mouth shut as far as her hurting my feelings, but this is a great avenue to get those things out of my system and work them out.  I would hope nobody will come in and rub my nose in something I've said.  I don't want the police at my door looking for that dead "angry baby."  LOL!