March 28, 2024, 05:44:09 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

So excited, I'm dancing

Started by Orly, January 07, 2010, 12:42:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Orly

Ok, this really is just some crowing but, I need to let it out.  My son (in the Navy) recently took the LSATs...did very well.  Today he called and told me that Notre Dame asked him to apply to their law school and waived the application fee.  This was the icing to the other offers he has been getting. 

(Deep breath) ...OK, now I have to bite my lip and let it ferment, I don't want to jinx it.   SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!

2chickiebaby

Orly!! Congratulations!!  Such an honor!!!  :)

just2baccepted

I love to hear good news!!!  Its so nice to see someone have a good thing happen to them.  Enjoy it!!!  You must be so proud of him!!

cocobars

You GO!  DANCE LIKE NOBODY IS WATCHING!

Congrats!

Orly

Yes, I'm very proud of him!  STILL dancing too!

cocobars

Notre Dame is a good college.  You should get your son to check into their scholorship programs, or ask about them.  Maybe they will have a scholorship area for him...

Just a thought!

Orly

He will be getting out of the Navy soon,  so GI school benefits will apply.   If ND doesn't work out, he can go back to his alma mater for their law school, plus the other offers he has had.  He is already calling some of the fathers from his alma mater for some personal reference letters.   And if all else fails he can again visit the Sallie Mae route.

cocobars

Any thoughts about the Naval Academy?  My brother went there and I thought it was a nice school.  Your son already has a Navy background.  He may walk through the door as an officer already...

Orly

Naval Academy isn't a graduate school to my knowledge.  And my son is an officer, just got his Lt.   He went into the service after he graduated from University.

Orly

Still dancing.....too bad my form looks more like the "pee-pee" dance instead of a REALLY good one.

cocobars

LOL!   You should've seen me earlier.  Had to change my pants!   

No, I didn't know your son was already an officer.  Naval Academy wouldn't do him any good!  You must be doin the pee pee dance something awful!  Good for you, and nobody is watching!

Isn't it funny how you want people to watch when you're younger, and are happy they are not when you get older??

Orly

Never could dance...even when I was younger.  And, boy howdy, did I know I couldn't dance!

2chickiebaby

I love to dance....still dancing after all these years and pretty good at it too...just wears me out sooner.

cocobars

Good for you chickie!  I dance like nobody is watching, as soon as I check to make sure!   

cremebrulee

Quote from: Orly on January 07, 2010, 12:42:24 PM
Ok, this really is just some crowing but, I need to let it out.  My son (in the Navy) recently took the LSATs...did very well.  Today he called and told me that Notre Dame asked him to apply to their law school and waived the application fee.  This was the icing to the other offers he has been getting. 

(Deep breath) ...OK, now I have to bite my lip and let it ferment, I don't want to jinx it.   SQUEAL!!!!!!!!!!

Whoa.....congratulations!!!!!  Bravo to dear son!!!!!!!!!  What an honor...you must be very proud....

big hugs to you and yours...and thanks so much for sharing this with us!

Creme