March 28, 2024, 06:57:31 AM

News:

"Welcome to WiseWomenUnite.com -- When adult children marry and leave home, life can sometimes get more complex instead of simpler.  Being a mother-in-law or daughter-in-law can be tough.  How do we extend love and support to our mothers-in-law, adult children, daughters-in-law, sons-in-law, and grandchildren without interfering?  What do we do when there are communication problems?  How can we ask for help when we need it without being a burden?  And how do our family members feel about these issues?  We invite you to join our free forum, read some posts... and when you're ready...share your challenges and wisdom."

The older we get

Started by cremebrulee, January 06, 2010, 03:54:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cremebrulee

Ok, I hate to admit this, but are you gals finding out, the older you get, the less sleep you need, and the easier it is to take naps?????

I have MS, so I do tire easily...and when I shut down, could sleep for days...but I'm lucky as I have the recurring kind of MS, and after the first bout with it, they told me I'd never work again...Well...I showed them...LOL

So, I'm wondering...have you gals found that you are needing less sleep...

Orly

Less at one time.  Dropping off into naps at odd times though.  Don't really mind the odd nap hitting me, just can't stand the snoring that comes along for the duration of it.  LOL, sit and start sawing those logs!

2chickiebaby

So funny! The first time the dropping off happened to me, I found out my thyroid was low (or high, can't remember) 

What's my name anyway? = 8)=

SunnyDays09

Yikes.   I have been waking up since my 30's!!!   But I soon fall back to sleep.  It really seems to depend on how active I am during the day and/or if I am exercising. 

chickie your thyroid would be low if you drop off to sleep!  lol 

Naps are only when I am up at 5 am with a whiny dog who decided he MUST go out then.  I am up then.   Then the other wants out so...

I am exhausted around 1030, awake around 4, back to sleep till around 7ish or earlier.

I don't want to get older.  I am staying where I am. 

2chickiebaby

No older!! I'm not really all that old, though.  But when I was younger, I thought people of my age were old...they looked it, too.  I'll always be blonde.  I will never not be blonde. I'll sell my body if I have to. 

I have an Aunt who passed away about 2 years ago who was blonde till she died at 94.  A very high class lady. Her daughter described her as her bleached blonde mother..."you can't miss her", she said. 

The measures my hairdresser beauty designer?, hair designer? I don't know what the heck they are called now..but she goes to extreme lengths to make me look natural.  She even makes it look frosted...not frosted, you idiot! Highlighted! DUH.

I think I'll look good in my casket. 

cremebrulee

Quote from: 2chickiebaby on January 06, 2010, 05:17:13 PM
No older!! I'm not really all that old, though.  But when I was younger, I thought people of my age were old...they looked it, too.  I'll always be blonde.  I will never not be blonde. I'll sell my body if I have to. 

I have an Aunt who passed away about 2 years ago who was blonde till she died at 94.  A very high class lady. Her daughter described her as her bleached blonde mother..."you can't miss her", she said. 

The measures my hairdresser beauty designer?, hair designer? I don't know what the heck they are called now..but she goes to extreme lengths to make me look natural.  She even makes it look frosted...not frosted, you idiot! Highlighted! DUH.

I think I'll look good in my casket.

I am sitting here laughing out loud...
you are a hoot!!!!!!

2chickiebaby

Yes,  it is an ordeal to do my hair.... :P

Pen

You go, girl! Enjoy your crowning glory!
Respect ... is appreciation of the separateness of the other person, of the ways in which he or she is unique.
-- Annie Gottlieb

just2baccepted

I'm 35.  I used to have to have about 12 hours a night.  Now I'm fine on 7 or 8 but if I have nothing going on then i can sleep for about 10 hours.  No naps though.  If I took a nap then I wouldn't be able to go to sleep at night.